6 Weeks in Asia Itinerary Help

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10th, 2021, 04:30 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello! I need help creating an itinerary for SE Asia. Time of year is TBD as we are planning this to occur in 2023. The countries in Asia we have been to includes Thailand, Singapore, India and Japan (only spent 3 days in Tokyo). We’ve spent a lot of time in Thailand, Singapore and India and the last few years so not interested in including these countries during this next big trip. Open to Japan though.

What do people recommended? Places I know we would like to hit - Vietnam, Great Wall in China

Last edited by laurenm0727; Jul 10th, 2021 at 04:32 PM.
Old Jul 10th, 2021, 07:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are you interested in East Asia or Southeast Asia? Because neither Japan nor the Great Wall of China are in Southeast Asia. Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia, on the other hand are, and would make a great six week trip, although Vietnam plus either Laos or Cambodia would, too.
Old Jul 11th, 2021, 05:08 AM

We know three important things about you. You are an experienced traveler, you are open to suggestion, and you already have an idea of where you want to go. My advice to to follow you inspiration. 3 weeks in Vietnam, 3 weeks in China. Add to that by going slower and seeing more. In China, I went to the Gansu province. I haven't been to the Hunan province, but that would be my next trip.
Old Jul 13th, 2021, 01:30 PM

Vietnam is a wonderfully diverse country which rewards slow travel. In the course of various trips to the country over the years we have probably spend in excess of a year travelling around the country. It is wonderfully diverse with amazing , historic cities, incredibly picturesque countryside, beaches minority people village and arguably the best food in SE Asia. You could easily spend the entire six weeks there! If that is too much in one country, then Vietnam is easily combined with other countries in the old Indochina like Cambodia and Laos, both very different form Vietnam.

South of the equator Indonesia warrants series consideration as does Malaysia and Malaysian Borneo (one of the easier countries to get around.

In northern Asia I would look at parts of Japan other than Tokyo. South Korea could easily be combined with Japan. Taiwan is yet another option. "So many places, so little time” as someone wisely pointed out!

So of these places we covered in our blog @ https://accidentalnomads.com just click on the destination tab, then Asia then the relevant country.