5 weeks in Asia

Search

5 weeks in Asia

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6th, 2008, 10:29 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
5 weeks in Asia

I have about 5 weeks to travel throughout Asia in May. I've already been to Xi'an, Beijing, Shanghai, Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Tapei, and Yeliu (Taiwan). I'm going to Chengdu next weekend. I'm based in Hong Kong and I have to return there for a few days at some point.

I'm not sure what my itinerary should be. I don't have a desire to go to Japan right now. I would like to visit Cambodia (Siem Reap, Phnom Penh), Laos (Luang Prabang), Seoul, southern Taiwan, Tibet (if it actually reopens). I'd also like to go to a beach. How much rain can I expect in Cambodia/Laos?

I want to go to Xinjiang province but I've heard mixed things about how safe it would be for a solo female traveler (I'm pretty well traveled, but I'm also young). Thoughts?

So if you had that much time, where would you go?

Thanks!
Old Apr 7th, 2008, 06:20 AM

Being based in Hong Kong certainly makes it easier to plan this kind of trip!

Let me first suggest www.weatherbase.com for data about weather patterns.

Since you have to return to Hong Kong at one point, you could organize your trip as two loops: one for SE Asia and the other for Seoul, Taiwan and maybe Tibet.

It appears that you have not spent time in Bangkok. Let me suggest a combination of Bangkok, Luang Prabang and Siem Reap and Phnom Penh for your SE Asia loop.

I'll let others advise on your Korea/Taiwan ideas.
Old Apr 7th, 2008, 05:56 PM

Acctually I just find this forum yesterday. I'm in Sichuan,China.
I'd like to say that you can inquire me any question about Tibet(Kham)tour. I'm experienced. Or if you want, I'd like to share my pictures be taken by myself.
Cheer,
Old Apr 7th, 2008, 07:21 PM

hi you might want to drop by to the PHILIPPINES and visit its islands.... suggestions are:

BANTAYAN
never been to the island.. poor me.. i mean rich me for positive vibe and in the name of THE SECRET.. hehehhe.. i will be going there this summer! geoffy and the rest of the geng are already there.. and they left me out! sheeez.... it could have been a nice party with all the hot girls in their bikini.. hahaha.. scary!

SIQUIJOR
hmm mystical..the whole UP LAAGANS will do their usual laag to the island of siquijor... i have no plans of going there anytime soon.. bwahahahha...

CAMIGUIN
haaaaay.. this place is part of my list.. but its too far.. and it reminds me of gelli de belen and jomari yllana.. hahahah...

BOHOL

again all of the people in my family visited here except ME.. they've reached all these places in my list except ME.. because i was BUSY tending the goats and feeding the PIGs.. hehe.. i have heard that the cost of going there will almost be like going to boracay.. hmmm.. mag pambot ra ko doh!

LEYTE

i havent reached the part near EASTERN SAMAR.. but my 'surfer boy' friend told me that LEYTE has surfing spots.. particularly in CALICOAN.. among the spots i have listed.. this is the one most likely to happen.. i have plans with my ally also known as 'the real surfer boy' to pack our things up and just take along with us Php 2000 in each of our pockets.. a tent.. and some extra 'de lata'.. and NO we have no special connection whatsoever.. we just have the same WAVE length.. bwahahahahhahahahahaha...

and of course this is not an OPTION but a MUST... the one place i keep on going back..the one place i HAVE TO be in every vacation because i HAVE TO..

CAMOTES ISLANDSi have been SICK about this place.. i have been PROUD of this place.. its like my love-hate relationship place.. hahahahah... but it definitely saves and stores a lot of wonderful summer memories.. as they would say there is no place like home.. pait... there is nothing beautiful as eating HANY CHOKNUT in the white sands of santiago... i have to kill in order to get every CHOKNUT i have to munch..

either way.. these places are mostly reached by boat.. and travelling by boat is really cheap and we have a lot of choices.. now for better planning and for the latest schedules of shipping.. i can always rely on this webpage...

www.schedule.ph
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 06:59 AM

The last two posts here are spam. You'll get more specific responses if you have a title such as travel to Laos and Cambodia.
Old Apr 26th, 2008, 05:52 AM

Java is one of the most suggestions to travel. Get the airline to Jakarta, Indonesia. Find out the interesting places in the guide book such as lonely planet. Find the place such as Borobudur temple. It is related (historically), closely to the places you visited .