4 Days in Thailand

Search

4 Days in Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7th, 2006, 01:06 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4 Days in Thailand

I have a business trip to Hong Kong and have decided to tack on a short, 4-day Thailand trip to the end. I fly into Bangkok and would like to do something really off the beaten track (I can fly from Bangkok to Chiang Mai or another city if that would offer the best treking). I love wildlife and think a jungle trek or something similar would be great. Any recommendations would be really appreciated.
Old Sep 7th, 2006, 03:16 PM

I can think of a couple of options based on what you are looking for.

You could fly to Chiang Mai and find a trek out of there. Any of the hotels and guest houses can help you arrange this spur of the moment.

There is a small village about an hour north of Chiang Mai called Chiang Dao. I highly recommend staying at Chiang Dao Nest! They can organize treks that will be much less touristy, the food at the Nest is gourmet and the owners are wonderful!

Another option would be to head to Kanchanaburi and visit Erawan Falls and Sai Yok National Park, maybe visit the Tiger temple where you can pet live tigers. Kanchanaburi is only a couple of hours away via bus. I haven't done this yet but I have been researching it for my trip in Oct/Nov.

Enjoy!
Old Sep 7th, 2006, 07:23 PM

Oh, Kanchanaburi (I can never spell it properly) was wonderful...we walked right up to a baby tiger and pet it. As we walked back to our car, a moose was just standing there in the woods lookig at us. We fed deer out of our hands, and on our way back we stopped by the road, threw some grapes out of the car and monkeys came up by the dozen. Also, the monks were all so generous and caring..it was probably my favorite travel experience ever--better than the Pyramids, even.
Old Sep 7th, 2006, 07:42 PM

you are not going to see wild animals like in africa if that is what you are thinking...
Old Sep 7th, 2006, 08:30 PM

Bob, what are you talking about?! We are talking about SE Asia, not Africa!