30 minute connection time in BKK

May 4th, 2004, 05:10 AM
Original Poster

30 minute connection time in BKK

I was looking into flights from samui to bkk to siem reap this summer all on Bangkok Airways.

Is a 30 minute connection time enough in BKK? Otherwise I would have to wait in BKK airport for about 2.5 hours.

Has anyone on the board dealt with this before?

Thanks. KW
May 4th, 2004, 05:16 AM

A 30 minute connection time is not adequate at ANY airport. Why risk missing your flight? The Bangkok Airways waiting area is actually one of the nicer ones on the planet if that is any consolation.
May 4th, 2004, 05:26 AM

I would seriously doubt that 30 minutes is a legal connection time for a domestic to international flight. I don't think they'd even allow you to book it. Talk to Bangkok Air. By the way, the flights to Siem Reap do fill up, so you wouldn't want to miss your flight - it might be a while before you could get on another.
May 4th, 2004, 05:38 AM

Simply Impossible! Koh Samui to BKK is Domestic, Siem reap flight is international, you need 2 hrs check in for that anyway.
May 4th, 2004, 07:11 AM

james is correct....it will take you perhaps 10 minutes to walk from one terminal to the other and once you check in it takes at least another 10 minutes to walk to the gate usually...the 2.5 hours would be perfect i should think....
as is said ask bkk air what they think...they have an 800 # in the usa..
May 4th, 2004, 11:58 AM
sandi

Ten=minutes to walk between terminals??? There terminals are more than a mile apart. There is a shuttle bus between the terminals but who knows what schedule they keep. And walking with luggage even on carts - took us almost 25-minutes (though it's an air conditioned corridor) and then up/down elevators - 30 minutes is not sufficient to make the connection.

May 4th, 2004, 02:25 PM
Original Poster

Thanks to all those who replied. Having never been to BKK, I wasn't sure how close things were to each other or since we would be staying on the same airline, how that would work. It looks like the 2.5 hours will be just fine.

Thanks again for all who contribute on this board.