Search

2004 Asia Travel help: THANKS

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31st, 2004, 05:22 AM
emd
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 Asia Travel help: THANKS

I want to thank everyone on this Asia board who has helped me throughout 2004 in the planning of our upcoming Japan trip. You all are just awesome. You convinced me that I could take my 14 yr old son and do this trip independently, and you've helped w/every aspect of the trip- how to book FF tickets, where to sit on the plane, where to go, hotels, what to eat, how to deal w/transportiation in Japan, entertainment, books to read and films to see before going, finding and securing tickets to basball, sumo, anime, etc. I esp. want to thank mrwunrfl, KimJapan, kuranosuke, Florence, lcuy, kappa (who helps me on another board also), rhkkmk, rkkwan, Kathie, and everyone who has ever posted a Japan trip report in the last 3 yrs because I have read every one of them and incorporated many of your suggestions into our trip. I am poring over postings from you all constantly as we are finalizing our plans.

Before I started asking questions on this board I knew next to nothing about travel in Japan, and now I am already planning our second trip before even going on the first one.

If anyone else has any thanks to give to the board, feel free to post here also...

Happy New Year and happy Asia travels to you all!
Old Dec 31st, 2004, 09:22 AM

we delight in helping others as they have and will help us..

bob

time to start planning the 3rd trip??!!
Old Dec 31st, 2004, 03:50 PM
emd
Original Poster

Bob: Guess what- I set my alarm for 2 a.m. 2 wks ago(I was in CA at the time and 2 a.m. was midnight for NW airlines personnel) and got the seats you recommended-- 63A and C- the two seat configuration at the back of the plane. I had to call back this week to get the return seats, and I did not call right away at midnight. I waited til the next morning, but still managed to get the last remaining pair of two configuration seats at 64A and C for the return flight. Thanks very much for that particular recommendation.
Old Dec 31st, 2004, 04:26 PM

emd; you are welcome. i hope you enjoy and find my contris helpful and useful

you sound like an expert on japan travel already.
Old Dec 31st, 2004, 05:40 PM

emd---64 is just as good as 63....you will love them....we like it because you also get on the plane first and have plenty of time and space to put your junk....one drawback is getting off as you are last....after that trans-pacific flight you are anxious too....

food also comes quite quickly....they usually serve from the back....

i have read that nwa may be upgrading the 747's to airbusses so those seats will disappear, but then there will probably be more 2 seaters---2-4-2 usually...
enjoy your trip and happy new year...