Why I LOVE the airlines

Search

Why I LOVE the airlines

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7th, 2004, 11:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why I LOVE the airlines

1) I love to travel and airlines provide a way to get to places quickly: flying.

2) Cheap airfares can be had. It costs me $54 to take a taxi roundtrip to Dulles airport from my residence. United only charged me $218 to fly non-stop from IAD to LAX and BACK to IAD!

3) Flying gives me a great travel value. The taxi to the airport provides a much more personal service when compared to a commercial airline flight. I can drive or take a bus to the airport and save money versus taking a taxi. But, I have no real alternative to flying if I want to go to L.A.

4) I really enjoy flying. It's exciting: at the airport, getting on/off the plane, the whole bit.

5) Frequent flyer miles are a great thing. After flying for fun for low prices and after flying on the company's dime, I can now fly for free. To most places in the world, and in first class.

6) The airlines do a pretty good job of covering all kindes of special situations. From the smelly guy on the airline tv show to the lactose-free meal that the guy next to me on my Lufthansa flight ordered.

Flying is not as nice as it used to be, but there is more of it. I really miss the way the people movers would drive right up to the plane, you'd hop on, and they'd take you right to the main terminal. But the fact that there are a lot more flights at the airport today makes up for that and more.
Old Mar 7th, 2004, 11:21 AM

Couldn't have said it any better and that's exactly the way I see it. (Of course, it helps that I'm kind of short, too....)
Old Mar 7th, 2004, 11:37 AM
caribtraveler

right on, mrwunrfl!

Old Mar 7th, 2004, 12:15 PM

18 hours driving vs. 2 hrs. flying. Guess which one I'll take.
Old Mar 7th, 2004, 01:20 PM

It really is amazing how little it costs to fly a great distance - as long as it is on a popular route. It is also incomprehensible to me that those big beasts with wings can actually fly - I have had enough physics to understand how they can, but I still don't actually believe it.
Old Mar 13th, 2004, 10:26 AM

We're with all of you.. from the DC3 to the huge planes now.. I am still amazed that they actually fly.. Night flights are absolutely awesome in a window seat looking out at the stars.
Old Mar 22nd, 2004, 03:59 PM

I live on the fly pattern into SFO and everytime I see a 747 or bigger coming in I think to my self how does something that heavy and going so slow stay up in the air? I am always in awe of it. How lucky we all are being able to travel all over the world on a tour for a couple of grand and see things that our parents and farther back only dreamed of. Buck