What time does AA's day change?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30th, 2004, 01:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be booking a flight for next summer using FF miles later this week. I will be booking as soon as permitted.

Does American Airlines start their new day at Midnight CDT?

Thanks for the help, I would probably have to hold for 15 minutes to telephone in and ask them.

Keith
Old Aug 30th, 2004, 02:04 PM

Just recently AA went away from releasing any specific number of seats at the so called 330 days.

It was reported and supported by some insiders on <b>www.flyertalk.com</b> that AA decided to play a little different game from this point on. They still may release some seats at that mark, but basically they will judge that on previous hostory of sales for that particular flight. If the sales history is strong, AA will NOT release seats at first and wait till it's closer to the date to actually make any changes to seat availibility. I can't say for certain if that has been implemented or not, but besides that, where are you going that you think it will require calls in the middle of the night some 11 months out?

Can you tell us the particulars?
Departure city, arrival city(ies), and dates?

There was an independent study done just recently and Delta and AA have been proven performers in having award seats available at about 90% of the time for the exact dates needed. And that could be 11 or 6 or 3 or evem 1 month before the trip.
Old Aug 30th, 2004, 02:10 PM
Original Poster

MCI&gt;ORD&gt;Glasgow departing July 29, 2004.

AA has only one flight from the US to Glasgow, and due to my schedule and liimited vacation time, I want to fly on that date.

Thank you for the help.

Keith
Old Aug 30th, 2004, 02:22 PM

Just because AA only has one flight, it doesn't mean that's your only option. If they don't have any seats on that particular flight, they will work out other options. Last year AAdvantage started &quot;All Airline Partner Awards&quot;. What that means is that AA will get you from point A to point B one way or another under the same award system. There is a choice of about 20 partner airlines in this award system. 7 of them are European airlines, AerLingus, BA, Iberia, FinnAir, Swiss, Turkish Air and Brussels Airlines and obviously AA flies to Europe as well.
So your ticket could be a combo of all or maybe just one, but it does allow for many possibilities.

I would not worry too much, although if you want to call early, then do it. I'm just saying that it's not that hard to get from Kansas City to Glasgow on an award ticket. Obviously your first choice would be the shortest route and hopefully you will get it, but there are many more combos available through London, Shannon, Manchester, or even Madrid or Zurich or if really desperate Helsinki.

Good luck!
Old Aug 30th, 2004, 02:37 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for the tips.

Keith
Old Sep 1st, 2004, 06:12 AM
mjz

Keith - I've booked many award tickets from Kansas City to Europe on both AA and Delta. Some have been as far as 10 months out and others have been as short as 2 months out. The only problem I've ever encountered is trying to get out of MCI to say ORD for AA or ATL/CVG for Delta. It's never been a problem getting from the hub city to Europe. Usually with a little flexibility, it all comes together. It sounds like you have specific travel dates to Glasgow in mind, so if you have the problem of award seats not being available from say MCI to ORD, you could always buy a MCI/ORD r/t for around $91. Good luck....Scotland sounds amazing.