Search

what if connecting flight cancels

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3rd, 2017, 03:30 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what if connecting flight cancels

Hi there,

I am curious, I am flying to cdg then catch a connecting flight to Barcelona. If, God forbid, by connecting flight is cancelled, what will happen to my luggage? How do I retrieve it? Does the airport have a plan for this situation? As long as I can get my luggage, ill find another way there.

Also, if the airline finds me a different flight, will my luggage arrive at my destination? Im just concerned...
Old Mar 3rd, 2017, 04:22 PM
J62

if your flight is cancelled the airline will put you on the next available flight, and will put your luggage on the flight too.

This is not one of the things you should be worrying about. To help you worry less, find out when the next flights to BCN are on your airline so you know your options.
Old Mar 3rd, 2017, 05:35 PM
Original Poster

Thank you so much. Even if there is a job action?
Old Mar 3rd, 2017, 10:01 PM

Look up all flights CDG-BCN within the 12 hours or so after your arrival and keep a print-out with you. If your airline has a strike, it's good to know what other airlines fly the route. And if you insist with an agent of the striking airline (if you find one) to be put - at their expense - on another flight and can present the choices right there in front of the agent, there is a chance that they will comply. In the US they have to, not sure about Europe, but it's worth insisting.

Now that is for the worst-case scenario, let's hope it isn't going to be necessary. Bon voyage!
Old Mar 3rd, 2017, 11:11 PM
Original Poster

thank you michel
Old Mar 11th, 2017, 09:40 AM

Unfortunately, when we flew from Athens to Toronto, our connecting flight was cancelled. We were supposed to fly from Toronto to DC, then home to Denver. The flight to DC was cancelled for technical difficulties.

All flights were on the same ticket. We'd flown in on Air Canada, and our other flights were on United.

It was a nightmare. United was so disorganized in Toronto. They didn't announce the plane was not flying, until boarding time. Then it took forever for them to decide what to do. Their reps were awful.

We ended up standing in one line to get re-booked, another line to get hotel/food vouchers, and then we were told our luggage could be picked up at customer service downstairs.

Uh, no. Customer service knew nothing about this flight cancellation. We were assured our luggage was 'somewhere' in the airport, but they couldn't find it for us. Wouldn't you know, for these flights home, I had checked my carry-on, so had nothing for an overnight. Lovely.

We then had to stand in line for a shuttle, then stand in line at the hotel.

All the while, being uncertain as to where was our luggage.

We were booked on a flight directly to Denver (the only bright side to this) the next afternoon. But, we were told to get to the airport in the morning to find our luggage.

Stood in line again, and were lucky that they'd found our luggage. Which we took upstairs, to stand in line again and check-in. A problem with their computer wouldn't allow DH to use the kiosk, so again, we stood in line for the agent to straighten it out.

Not fun.
Old Mar 20th, 2017, 07:58 PM

sounds terrible. Had similar situation in Ottawa. Last flight out was delayed , delayed, delayed, delayed BOOM Cancelled. Chaos, useless food vouchers, and Tim Horton's near the hotel ensued before a 6AM flight back. United