Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Air Travel
Reload this Page >

Websites Which Show Flights with Flatbed Seats??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13th, 2016, 07:23 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On longer trips I need a flatbed seat. It's easy to do LAX-JFK, a frequent route of mine - American has great Business and First.

However, ive been trying to find LAX to PHL, LAX, BOS, PDX to NYC, for example, as well as LAX to anywhere in Europe. It's been tedious looking at each airline's website.

Is there any easier way to search? Any Apps or websites? I've checked seat guru and they do list which airlines have flatbeds, but not flight routes.

It must be flatbed, especially for Europe, but I may consider the angle recline for cross country.

Thank you!
Old Jun 14th, 2016, 06:16 AM

Received 79 Likes on 8 Posts
You're only going to find flat beds on transcontinental flights between LAX/SFO and NYC (JFK or EWR) and sometimes Miami. There might occasionally be planes with beds on other transcontinental routes, or something like LAX-ORD or LAX-DFW, but those would typically be cases where the airline is putting a plane on the route as a one-off (where they're repositioning it, for example.)

For flat beds to Europe, you're going to have to look at airline websites to see who flies on a given route, then look at Seat Guru to see whether they're flat or angled. Again, some airlines might have some planes on a given route with flat beds, and some with angled, depending on the individual flight, or if the airplane in question is waiting its turn for upgrading from angle to flat (e.g. some of American's older 777s.)

Top of the head, I'm pretty sure everybody flying nonstops from LAX to Europe has flat beds nowadays - AA, BA, VS, AF, KL, NZ, LX, LH, UA, DL, EI, TK, SU... but certainly should be checked.
Old Jun 14th, 2016, 01:22 PM

<i>You're only going to find flat beds on transcontinental flights between LAX/SFO and NYC (JFK or EWR) and sometimes Miami.</i>

JetBlue has MINT on some SF-Boston flights and is expanding the number of routes, so add that to the list.

<i>Top of the head, I'm pretty sure everybody flying nonstops from LAX to Europe has flat beds nowadays</i>

Norwegian is the only one I can think of that does not have flat beds.

And have AF and KL finished all their retrofits? If not, I guess there is some risk you could end up in a not flat seat if there is a swap of equipment.
Old Jun 14th, 2016, 02:29 PM

Received 79 Likes on 8 Posts
<i>Norwegian is the only one I can think of that does not have flat beds.</i>

Forgot about Norwegian. I also forgot Iberia, with its excellent biz product from LAX to Madrid.

I think United has beds on some west coast <> Dulles flights.
Old Jun 15th, 2016, 07:07 PM
Original Poster

Thank you all for your replies. I guess I'll just find my flatbeds by checking each airline.

You'd think they'd have an app for that
Old Jun 16th, 2016, 01:52 PM

Try this chart at Seat Guru, not always 100%, but pretty good

http://www.seatguru.com/charts/longh...ness_class.php

Also angle flat vs. true flat big difference. Avoid Air France 380 at all costs is all I can say. One of the least comfortable in my opinion.