US Airways First Class

Search

US Airways First Class

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25th, 2004, 05:43 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
US Airways First Class

I will be flying first class on US Airways from Buffalo, NY to Ft Myers, FL using divident miles. Does anyone know if there are TV's at each seat? Is the food decent? I will also be traveling with a 10 mo. old. Will there be enough room for her and me if she is on my lap? This will be my first time flying with my daughter on my own and I am sooo nervous... I am hoping that it will be worth blowing all my miles for the upgrade rather than using them for a separate seat for my daughter.

Thank you!
Old Jul 25th, 2004, 07:33 PM

Stop your worrying. It's less than a 3 hr flight and the flight attendants are there to assist.

Are you placing the baby in a Snuggly or in a car seat? If in a Snuggly, then why the need for first class?

Why are you asking about a TV...I am certain you will be occupied with the baby or, better yet, if the baby is sleeping, you should also catch a nap. Enjoy the 3 hours to relax.
Old Jul 26th, 2004, 04:18 AM
Original Poster

Well, I decided to upgrade to first class because the seats are larger and I thought we would be more comfortable. I will have my daughter sitting on my lap. Is a Snuggly a baby carrier? I actually don't own one so I have to go buy one to use on the plane. I am not bringing her car seat because I am sure the seat next to me will be taken. Am I correct in assuming that I only need the car seat if I want to place her in the empty seat next to me?

I am shy a few hundred miles for a free round-trip ticket. If I can get enough between now and then, I'm going to forget about first class and just use the miles for an extra seat...

Thank you!
Old Jul 26th, 2004, 04:39 AM

Please please please get that seat for your daughter. It might be impossible hold her tightly enough in severe turbulence (or worse) even if you know what's coming, and if you hit an unexpected jolt, she becomes a projectile. You may be playing the odds and they may be in your favor, but think how you would feel if she were injured (or worse). And she's going to be alternating between fidgety and sleeping -- either way, you need to have her and carseat able to be strapped into the seat next to you -- much more convenient for feeding her and entertaining her. ... and won't you need the car seat in Ft. Myers?

The airlines are considering requiring carseats for infants and very young toddlers, and there's a reason for that.

Old Jul 26th, 2004, 06:55 AM
Original Poster

After all this, I just decided to get a second seat for my daughter and fly coach. I never thought about how turbulence could affect her and don't want to take any chances.

Thanks for the advice!