Lufthansa Business Class Seating ?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22nd, 2006, 09:30 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First time flying Lufthansa (LAX/FRA and FRA/DEN)this July in Business. I've booked window seats thinking it may be more comfortable sleeping against a window, however, will I feel boxed in and unable to get up easily without disturbing passenger in aisle seat? Thanks so much for any tips!
Old Dec 22nd, 2006, 01:07 PM
J62

Lufthansa is in the process of upgrading their business class cabins. If you check www.lufthansa.com you may be able to find out which routes they have completed.

I much prefer the aisle seat as it's easier to get out as you suggest. The seats are self contained so you won't be leaning against the window/wall as you might in cattle class. I don't find the window seat any different comfort wise.

Check www.seatguru.com for tips on good vs bad seats. If you can get one of the exit rows where there is nothing in front of you that's the best.
Old Dec 23rd, 2006, 02:36 PM

Window seats are nice if you like to lean over to one side for sleeping. But they are decidedly less easy to get in and out of than aisle seats, even in business class.
Old Dec 23rd, 2006, 04:31 PM
Original Poster

Many thanks, J62 and Underhill... you've made good points and I will change to an aisle seat. I was fortunate to have a window seat with a huge space in front of me on an ANZ flight and it was great, along with a nice storage area below the window a few summers back.
Old Dec 24th, 2006, 07:39 AM
Jed

It may depend on how frequently you have to 'get up'. If it is limited, then it may be better than being 'disturbed' by the other person in the window seat.

But in BC, you are not likely to put your head against the window.

http://www.lufthansa.com/online/port...71482&l=en

However, it is something which I never experience. My wife ALWAYS gets the window seat.
Old Jan 9th, 2007, 08:26 AM

I have flewn both routes with Lufthansa in Business Class. They have the "new" seats (in fact, they have them for 3 years by now) and they are fantastic.

These motor-driven seats can get completely flat like beds. There is no sleeping against the window. You sleep like in bed, on your back, on your side, on your stomach - whatever you want. You have a big pillow and a blanket.

If you have a window seat there is enough space to make a large step over your neigbhor without disturbing him or her when he or she is sleeping.

But unless you are eager to look out of the window I would suggest to take an aisle seat in the middle (when there is a 2-2-2 seating). Then you disturb no one and you will not be disturbed.

What else? You will get free French Champagne (as much as you want), a selection of white and red wines (last week on the flight ATL/FRA they served a Grand Cru Classé of Bordeaux), cocktails, after-meal Cognac, Kirschwasser, Port and Baileys, a multi-course menu and a cold or warm snack before landing, your own screen with a selection of several dozen movies, computer games, language courses etc. After meal they will darken the cabin and will let you sleep as long as possible. On the 8-hr-flight from ATL we got full 6 hrs sleeping time. We slept like babies. If you fly an Airbus A340-300 (probably on your route to DEN while LAX is served with B474) the engines will be so silent that you can hardly hear them. No need vor earplugs (which are provided) or noise-reducing headphones (which are provided, too). You get a vanity set and a very helpful service.
Old Jan 9th, 2007, 01:37 PM

check out seatguru.com