United. Really?

Aug 24th, 2019, 07:07 AM
Original Poster

United. Really?

I emailed UA because I was not getting email notification of changes in a flight we have scheduled for Jan. 2020. I found the changes by checking the UA website and looking at my flight and though the changes are minor, 10 minutes or so in the past I would get email notice of any flight changes even for 5 minutes. Calling them did not good BTW so here is there response after around two weeks waiting:

"Thank you for reaching out to us!

We want to make sure you get the best service possible, and since your email concerns a current or future flight the best resource for you is going to be united.com .

If for any reason you can't find what you're looking for and you need additional assistance, please reach out to us by giving us a call at 1-800-864-8331 (1-800-UNITED-1), visiting our United Customer Contact Center page (that includes international contact options) or reaching out to us via our Twitter or Facebook pages."

So of course this does not in any way even address why I am not getting emails about flight changes.

Since I have already called and emailed I guess try their fb page or just periodically check the website for changes.

UAL this is rather poor.

Frustrated.
Aug 24th, 2019, 12:01 PM

Have you set your preferences for notification in the app? With the latest version I get notification in the Inbox on the app rather than emails as in the past.

And even with that, I still always periodically check future itineraries for possible changes.
Aug 24th, 2019, 12:29 PM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
Have you set your preferences for notification in the app? With the latest version I get notification in the Inbox on the app rather than emails as in the past.

And even with that, I still always periodically check future itineraries for possible changes.
Thank you. I wasn’t aware of that as I am used to email but I did activate it.
Aug 24th, 2019, 01:17 PM
Original Poster

BTW I spoke to agents twice and the 2nd one guided me to the link in their website to send in comments.
I also sent them messages on their fb page and did receive prompt replies. See below:

"We cannot determine the reason for you not to receive notifications, but this is an error on our end. We have passed along your concern to the appropriate team for possible improvements. ^JP"
Aug 24th, 2019, 06:23 PM

Let's hope the technobots get your report and are able to use it to improve their systems!

I'm sort of a points whore with United (the golden handcuff slip on once you reach the million mile mark) so may give them a little leeway at times, but am also a little demanding on basic service quality, and they seem to have improved over the last year or so.
Aug 25th, 2019, 06:21 AM
Original Poster

Yes we are big on service too and this is where UA needs to improve.
Their on board service is spotty at best. We have flown some of their partner carriers that provide superb on board service like ANA, Thai and Asiana. Huge difference really.
Thank you for the replies!
Larry