Search

SwissAir

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29th, 2001, 07:40 AM
Clay

SwissAir

Any comments or experiences flying SwissAir? We are flying to Milan via Zurich in November. The plane is an MD-11 and I believe we are stuck in the middle of the plane. Would it be possible to change the seat assignmnts at the airport? <BR> <BR>Thanks

Old Aug 29th, 2001, 02:36 PM
heidi

Swiss Air has an excellent reputation. I have not heard anything really negative. Since you are not flying until November I would think it highly unlikely that you are in a middle seat. How many in your group? Just call the airline reservations line and have them pull up your ticket and ask where the seat is located. If it is a middle seat, ask them what else is open and to move you. Simple as that. Do not wait until you get to the airport? Do it now. Also, just curious as to whether you took advantage of Swiss Air's current promotion of buy one economy class ticket with your Mastercard and get a companion ticket (on the same flight) for free? Am trying to figure out what the catch is and if it is worth it.

Old Aug 30th, 2001, 11:18 AM
Mariarosa

Hi heidi - re "buy one, get one free," the catch is that the paying ticket has to be an APEX fare, which is about twice as much as the discounted lowest fare available, and the "free" ticket does not earn frequent flyer miles.

Old Aug 30th, 2001, 12:18 PM
Clay

Thanks for the information, Heidi. I called SwissAir and they were able to move our seats from the middle section to an aisle and window seat. <BR> <BR>Thanks again.

Old Sep 6th, 2001, 05:13 AM
Notgiven

Excellent reputation, Erm ? <BR> <BR>Swiss air lost one of these aircraft (MD11) off New York a couple of years ago killing all onboard. <BR> <BR>They have a good service reputation but to say "they have an excellent reputation" is irresponsible and misleading.

Old Sep 7th, 2001, 01:32 PM
Fred

We have flown Swiss Air twice in the recent past. The food was horrible...It looked liked chicken balls! The on board movies were third rate. The boarding procedure on a 747 in Zurich was totally disorganized. <BR>Even nuns were pushing to get on board!

Old Oct 3rd, 2001, 03:17 AM
John

I guess you have your answer - they've just gone under possibly taking all your money with them. <BR> <BR> <BR>Airlines spend a lot of money producing reputation but we should always judge by the facts. swissair had a dodgy safety record and was leaking money yet people hand over fist. <BR> <BR>Ryanair is the only European airline you can trust- they spend nothing on PR unlike BA (Bad Attitude), Virgin, Sabena (probably the next one to go under)