Reload this Page >

Box-cutters under the seats??!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23rd, 2001, 05:34 AM
Bill

News today says some grounded planes had box-cutters hidden under the seats. This tells me 1. there are airport employees who are murderous traitors and 2. the hijackers knew their seat assignments. <BR> <BR>As to #1. -- we KNOW airports are abysmal about security -- how about some tighter screening? <BR> <BR>As to #2. Of course they knew their assignments -- unlike European carriers, US carriers give out seat assignments ahead of time. Time to stop that practice now.

Old Sep 24th, 2001, 10:39 AM
fyi

Did it occur to you that they may have left them on the plane as they embarked, thinking a search may take place?? Lots of questions and yes yours is very good. Had not thought of it that way, duh for me.

Old Sep 26th, 2001, 10:05 AM
JoeG

Your suggestion of no seat selections has some validity. As much as I wouldn't like it, it may be one of the many things we have to consider. <BR> <BR>A slight correction. KLM does offer seat selection to business class on European flights. Others may as well. I don't know. <BR> <BR>

Old Oct 5th, 2001, 08:51 PM
Kathleen

I have been watching Dateline shows since the tradegies started. They did a thing where they sent someone to work and he was supposed to just drive that little cart and then they were short handed in security and so he was told to do that and he kept saying I don't know how to do this, I am not trained in doing this, what am I supposed to look for. <BR>He found out that the ID card they wear will take you anywhere and he went on the plane and took videos everywhere and no one there, he even went back and go another video camera. <BR>That is scary when you hear that. <BR> <BR>so, nothing is safe these days is what they are saying and showing. <BR> <BR>That the air attendants say that too much luggage is allowed onto the airlines and so anything can be brought on to it. <BR> <BR>they asked every single flight attendants if they think its save to work on planes and they all said no. <BR> <BR>What does that say?

Old Oct 9th, 2001, 07:07 PM
takethebus

Bring a parachute

Old Oct 11th, 2001, 07:04 AM
Glenda

Kathleen-The Dateline segment was filmed before the attacks. There were definite holes in the security system and the terrorists knew this and used it to their advantage. Mary Schiavo, the former head of the DOT warned about this years ago. She also warned the airlines about the Value Jet crash. She resigned shortly after that fiasco where everyone pointed fingers. IMO, we all need to SCREAM at the top of our lungs to our representatives, the White House, DOT, FAA and anyone else that we are not going to take this kind of lax security anymore and they need to quit pussy footing around and get the job done!

Old Oct 13th, 2001, 04:28 AM
Marcus

Today, the biggest obstacle is the White House, who oppose the new airport security bill because they're (he's) squeamish about nationalizing the security force. Write, call, email -- get this bill signed and things moving! American shouldn't be endangered because of a hammerlock by private interests. This is NOT business-as-usual!

Old Oct 13th, 2001, 04:47 AM
Sharon

There was an ad in local paper last week from the security company(name escapes me) that offers security at all the major airports around the country. No experience necessary. Starting pay was $5.50 per hour! Thank goodness the National Guard are in our airports.

Old Oct 13th, 2001, 09:55 AM
Marcus

What good do men in fatiques wandering around with guns do if those screening the luggage don't catch something dangerous before it gets on board and if those screening the people let someone dangerous through just because they have a "picture ID"?