Southwest Airlines - the best!

Feb 10th, 2019, 05:02 PM
Original Poster

Southwest Airlines - the best!

A shout out for Southwest Airlines. I made reservations for an international trip - Mexico - for my family (all eleven of us!) a few months ago - and today my daughter discovered I had entered her maiden name, rather than her married name which is on her passport. We're all leaving in five days 😮! One call to Southwest customer service from a distressed me, and within five minutes it was fixed at NO CHARGE. And the customer service representative was so nice. I am so very glad this flight is on SWA.

I can just imagine of this error on my part had taken place with a legacy carrier - the change fees or even having to cancel and rebook at my own cost would have been enormous.

I had visions of a real mess, but instead it was a piece of cake. And that is just one more reason I love SWA.
Feb 10th, 2019, 09:47 PM

We like SWA too, but only travel it domestically. They just started non-stop from Newark Liberty to San Diego on a new 737-800, and with upgrading $25 pp each way, we sat in comfort in Row 5 with no one in the middle. And two checked bags free for each! Our service was lovely, and fares were about $300 r/t . As happy as we were to have an uncrowded flight, we want people knowing about this flight (departs EWR 4pm, returns from SD to EWR at 8 am) to make sure that it stays on their roster.
Feb 11th, 2019, 04:38 PM
P_M

I've always loved SW. It's sort of like flying used to be, with free checked luggage, friendly service and no change fees. I like the fact that they aren't picking up the bad habits of their competitors.
Feb 12th, 2019, 12:17 PM

We LOVE Southwest. A long time ago, on another airline, I made a similar mistake but they refused to fix it over the phone. I had to cancel the reservation and make a new one, paying the difference.
Southwest always provides the best customer service.
Feb 13th, 2019, 12:54 PM

I love the free checked suitcase.
Feb 13th, 2019, 07:42 PM

They are a great airline. I fly them 1-2 times a month and they are always great!!
Feb 14th, 2019, 01:13 PM

I read recently that Southwest was going to expand routes to Hawaii. Looking forward to that one!
Feb 14th, 2019, 04:42 PM

Nope, for that route, I'll always go with Hawaiian Air (i wish they flew everywhere)!
Feb 14th, 2019, 07:06 PM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by suze View Post
Nope, for that route, I'll always go with Hawaiian Air (i wish they flew everywhere)!
If Southwest were to have considerably lower fares to Hawaii, would you still choose Hawaiian Air? Curious, as I haven't ever flown Hawaiian Air.
Feb 14th, 2019, 10:16 PM

Also waiting for Southwest to begin flying to Hawaii from California. Hope they have some attractive introductory fares.
Feb 16th, 2019, 08:19 AM

Depends how much less -lol!

I actually have only flown SW once, for the first time and just recently. My trips currently (2x/yr Seattle to Puerto Vallarta) they only fly on certain days of the week, limited number of flights, and often come up way more expensive than Alaska Air (because of their 3-tier pricing structure when the lowest prices are sold out).

Hawaiian Air has always been pretty darn fabulous but my experience is from awhile ago now. Half-dozen times I've flown them Seattle to Honolulu. They fly huge comfortable planes, everything is all "aloha" right from boarding, excellent cabin attendants, good entertainment (Hawaii programs and music), mai tais maybe everyone wouldn't care about the island-vibe but made the flight experience a lot more enjoyable for me.