Search

Song Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14th, 2004, 04:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Song Airlines

Just wanted to say that my hubby & I flew Song Airlines last week from Florida to Las Vegas. What a great airline it was. They only serve drinks, but you can buy food (pretty pricey). All seats were leather and a little extra leg room. Every seat had a tv so you could listen to music, watch tv through the dish network, or play your fellow passengers in music trivia. We really enjoyed the trip. So I thought I'd share our experience for those who were thinking of flying with them.

Old Feb 20th, 2004, 03:43 PM

I had the fruit/cheese crackers on a recent flight.Pretty good....
Old Feb 25th, 2004, 12:07 PM

Is it true they board you by playing a specific "song" depending on what plane you are on ?
What is the decor like ?
Old Feb 25th, 2004, 01:52 PM
sandi

I heard that you cannot accrue Delta frequent flyer miles on Song flights! Is that so?

Old Feb 25th, 2004, 02:19 PM

Yes, you get DL miles on Song.

I flew them cross-country a few months back and they were fine. Nasically, just like regular Delta but with colors.
Old Apr 14th, 2004, 01:40 PM

Wednesday, The decor was nice, I thought. The all-leather seats were mostly solid medium blue with each headrest a different solid color that went well with the blue. Didn't notice the song playing.

The TVs worked from the moment the plane left the gate until the moment it pulled in--a great idea if you get stuck sitting on a runway someplace.

I'm not one who cares whether or not the flight attendants are "friendly"--I'm concerned that they are professional and polite. But I must mention that the flight attendants on Song were really friendly and funny. I flew roundtrip from New York to West Palm in March. I've never been on a flight with so many senior citizens and wheelchair users. This could have been a very trying flight because of all the extra attention needed. All the attendants reacted with patience and good humor, even to some pretty ridicuous situations. They are to be commended.
Old Apr 29th, 2004, 01:31 PM

Hi:

Flying song to Tampa in a couple of weeks. Does anyone know if the TV's have been installed yet on planes w/flights from JFK to Tampa? Wanted to do Jet Blue, but Song's prices were pretty cheap!
Old May 6th, 2004, 12:40 PM

nigelsmom - Just a suggestion, but why don't you call the airline and ask them directly? I flew Song yesterday from FLL to EWR and there were TVs on the planes on that route.
Old Aug 21st, 2005, 06:39 PM

how strict are they with carry-ons? i'm flying song sfo to jfk and connecting to south african airlines with 1 hour connection time and don't want to risk being stuck in Africa without luggage. (i'm not worried about me not making the flight, just my luggage if have to check it) Only bringing 1 24" duffel and 1 backpack which together weigh less than 25 pounds.
Old Aug 22nd, 2005, 03:08 AM

Great to hear.. We are going from Ft.Lauderdale to Boston in two months on Song.....we are coming off an extended cruise and I wonder what the baggage allowance is.. Oh yes...we have a 8:00 p.m. flight so I'm hoping it won't be crowded,.