Simple boarding/unboarding practice by JetBlue

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2nd, 2010, 12:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this would not work at many airports - but on trip to West Palm Beach, FL JetBlue rolled a stairway to rear of plane and let passengers get off from front or back - same on boarding. Never seen this before, but do other airlines do this in other cities?
Old Mar 2nd, 2010, 01:04 AM

It happens a lot in Europe. What I like about JetBlue is they keep the DirecTV running after touch-down so one can watch television while they are waiting to deplane. It helps people stay seated.

I don't think that a lot of airports like people walking outside in restricted areas (outside) and then walking into the building. Bad weather can cause problems, too.

I boarded some large planes and First and Business walks in one way and Economy customers walk in on another walkway.
Old Mar 2nd, 2010, 01:53 AM
Original Poster

Interesting thought about restricted area access - because I wondered the same thing. There were ground personnel in evidence - but not TSA. Also, there was some confusion since 2 planes, one to LGA and one to BOS were side by side - and at least on passenger got on the wrong plane - as flight attendants had to announce several times "this is plane to Boston, if you are going anywhere else you are on the wrong plane"

Had to walk down stairway and then up full flight into terminal. Still, might work in some cities at some times with a few modifications.
Old Mar 2nd, 2010, 07:43 AM

Passengers walk across the tarmac to their aircraft all the time, especially with regional jets. Even at Atlanta, the RJs are sometimes stacked three deep and you walk between them. Rarely are TSA around, airline ground staff does the directing.
Old Mar 2nd, 2010, 09:10 AM

To get a good seat on Ryanair, you don't need to pay extra to get in front of the line. Just run across the tarmac, past those old people in front, and climb the rear stairs. Lots of good seats in the back for your choosing.
Old Mar 2nd, 2010, 02:11 PM

At Burbank airport, where one crosses the tarmac, Southwest jets board from front and back.