SAS airlines RANT

Mar 3rd, 2010, 10:57 AM
Original Poster

SAS airlines RANT

I am only looking at the flights in August, and don't like this company already!

Signed up with them for sales alerts. Got an e-mail with sales codes. Went on-line, couldn't find a field to type the code in.

Contacted the internet website help - they answered right away through an instant messenger: call the sales department.

Called the department - the code is not needed, the price is the lowest already. OK, can you look up my trip SFO - CPH how much it will be? We don't have direct flights from SFO, only from Chicago. You will need to go to Chicago on another plane. HUH?? The website can sell me a flight.

Oh, well, thank you for your info, a person with Indian accent. Back to the start.

WHY DO THEY POST DISCOUNT CODES THAT CANNOT BE USED?
Mar 3rd, 2010, 11:24 AM

Simply put, SAS is not a very good airline. I also doubt that they will give you the best price for this routing. You are likely better off following this with United, which usually has lower pricing on their codeshares than SAS offers under their own flight numbers.
Mar 3rd, 2010, 11:31 AM
Original Poster

Thank you, Travel, I have them both bookmarked along with half-dozen others that I check almost daily. In addition to e-mail notifications. Just needed to rant, thank you for reading
Mar 9th, 2010, 05:29 PM

SAS is having a sale SFO/CPH. It says the part from SFO will be a codeshare. I assume you need to enter the promo code for the fare to show.

http://www.flysas.com/en/us/Promotio...US116&vst=true
Mar 10th, 2010, 09:48 AM
Original Poster

There is no field to enter a code. Even my phone call did not help. This is why I've started the thread.
Mar 10th, 2010, 06:23 PM

Sorry. Saw this sale on Travel Zoo and thought it was something different from your e-mail sale.
Mar 11th, 2010, 07:21 AM
Original Poster

Yes, every time I get those e-mails my heart rage goes up... till I see "the price is not longer available"
Mar 12th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Original Poster

I was checking Orbitz daily (in addition to signing up with all airlines and websites to get a price change notification) and they either didn't list Delta, or put it way into the highest prices.

Today Delta has moved to much cheaper on Orbitz, so I went over to the website, the price is OK, the schedule is OK, next I need to think of insurance