Reagan airport, where to eat?

Feb 4th, 2003, 11:52 AM
Original Poster

Reagan airport, where to eat?

My fiance and I will be flying USAir on our honeymoon and will be changing planes at Reagan Intl. Do you have any suggestions of where we could have dinner? I realize it will not be romantic, but we are open to suggestions to at least something decent (no fast food).
Feb 4th, 2003, 02:20 PM

I don't think Reagan is actually an international airport and I would tend to avoid eating there unless you need to kill some time. Where are you originating from and what is your destination? How long is the time between flights at Reagan National?
Feb 4th, 2003, 05:17 PM

Well, it's actually "Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport", but let's call it National Airport. USAir is at terminal C. You get a list of restaurants and shops there by following the Shopping link here:
http://www.metwashairports.com/national/index.htm
Feb 5th, 2003, 01:46 PM

There are several decent options in the main concourse, outside the security checkpoints -- notably Legal Seafoods, possibly also an Asian restaurant.

Feb 5th, 2003, 02:00 PM

Here's the website for the Legal Sea Foods restaurant there:

http://www.legalseafoods.com/locations_detail.asp?id=25

Not a bad suggestion, if you have the time.
Feb 7th, 2003, 06:16 AM
Original Poster

First off, Apologies for the Intl. As I said, I have never been there before and usually end up changing flights in Pitt of Philly.

Thank you for your suggestions, I will check out the sites. We only have about an hour and half to spend there, so a sit down dinner may be out of the question. We will have to see.

Thank you again for your help.
Feb 9th, 2003, 05:57 PM
Airlawgirl

As a native of DC, and one who travels around the country widely, I can say without question that National Airport is one of the most beautiful, and easiest airports to use. They have some GREAT restaurants-I always eat at Legal SeaFOODS, as do my colleagues, and we get there early so we CAN eat lunch or dinner there, as the case may be! There's also a lovely Japanese restaurant at the gates at the opposite end of where Legal SeaFoods is located-which is next to the US Air gates. You can shop at Taxco silver while you're there, or even at a small Brooks Bros outlet. (There are a number of other fine small shops there-can't think of them right off the bat-the great thing is,the airport is small enough that you can see them all in a very short time).
I'm sure you'll enjoy your honeymoon layover at National-I never get tired of being there!