Changing airports in NYC

Search

Changing airports in NYC

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9th, 2003, 08:25 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Changing airports in NYC

A lot of the trip schedules from the midwest to Europe fly into one NY airport (often LaGuardia) and continue from another (often JFK). Does the airline transport you and your baggage between airports, or is that up to you? If its up to you, about how much does this cost?
Old Feb 9th, 2003, 10:43 AM

I know American does that a lot. Unfortunately, they don't provide transportation, and also you do need to collect and re-check luggage. My friends did this about 6 months ago, and I was able to find a transfer company for them. I believe it was somewhere around $12.00 one-way and it takes about an hour, depending on the time of the day and traffic. Do a search for New York airport transfers and you should be able to find it.<BR>Good Luck!
Old Feb 9th, 2003, 10:48 AM

I still had the address saved in my favorites, here it is:<BR>http://www.nyairportservice.com/index.html<BR>
Old Feb 10th, 2003, 06:00 AM
mj

<BR>Here's another link to NYC airports<BR>http://www.panynj.gov/ where you'll find airport transfer info.<BR><BR>What mode of transport will depend the how much time you have once you get your luggage at LGA and number of people travelling. If you're alone, bus or taxi (depending on time). If 2 or more are travelling, take a cab as fare is almost the same as 2xbus fare.<BR><BR>Shuttle buses stop at each JFK Terminal starting w/#1. So if you're going to United or AA Terms 7 and 8, you have to add ~15-20 minutes to the trip.<BR><BR>LGA-JFK travel times depend on time of day. From ~9AM-4PM, ~30+ minutes is normal for a cab, 45-1hr+terminal drop off for bus. After 4PM all bets are off due to traffic volume, weather and construction zones on the VanWyck Exp.<BR>hth,<BR>
Old Feb 10th, 2003, 07:15 AM

I've used the NY Airport Service that AAFF wrote of &amp; was more than happy with it. The time was only slightly longer than the estimated time for a taxi, plus if there are traffic jams, you won't be paying anymore for the trip. One time the driver left the official route to circumvent jams - just as a cabbie would.