? re: CO short connection EWR>FL>Bahamas

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7th, 2007, 09:39 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Continental (on its website) has a flight from Newark to West Palm Beach to Marsh Harbour in the Bahamas. The connection time is 26 minutes. That seems really tight to me. I assume the West Palm Beach airport is small? We'd only have carry-on (weekend getaway). Does the fact that CO itself offer this option means they'd hold the flight to the Bahamas if the flight from Newark gets in a little late? Or would we find ourselves waiting to catch the next flight? Does anyone know how CO operates when it comes to that? I know I can call them but I'd rather hear from travelers. Thanks.
Old Mar 7th, 2007, 10:04 AM

PBI-MHH is flown by Cape Air for Continental, using 19-seat Beech 1900. Few people will buy a ticket just for PBI-MHH, so most of those 19 tickets are connecting passengers from Newark, Cleveland and Houston.

So, if you flight is a little late, CO and Cape Air have all the reasons to hold it to wait for you.

Having said that, which day are you flying? Because on its online timetable, the shortest connection I can find is over an hour.
Old Mar 7th, 2007, 10:12 AM
Original Poster

I was hoping you'd answer. Dates are 10/4 to 10/8. Departure is a Thursday. There is another option that day with a connection time of 1 hour 1:24 minutes (which is probably the one you saw)... but obviously the quicker to the Bahamas, the better.
Thanks.
Old Mar 7th, 2007, 10:22 AM

I see that's the earliest flight. I think you should be okay, as chances of delay is much lower early in the morning at EWR than in the afternoon.

And yes, they'll protect you on a later flight if yours is significantly delayed. Or they can switch you to a connection via Fort Lauderdale.
Old Mar 7th, 2007, 01:20 PM
Original Poster

Thanks!