question about AirFrance

Nov 7th, 2008, 12:47 PM
Original Poster

question about AirFrance

Okay -

I will try to get this out in a clear fashion but fear it might be difficult to follow - so please hang in there...

We had purchased tickets to go from Paris to J'burg in July of 07 and then from J'burg to Rome through Orbitz on Airfrance.

We had to cancel that portion of our trip for our dd's health reasons.

I was able (after a BIG giant hassle, no I will NEVER book on Orbitz for that kind of airtravel again) to change the tickets for four of us to travel from LAX to LHR on December 22 and then Paris to LAX on Jan 2, 2009.

We were taking a seperate flight on British airways on December 23 to Paris for our 10 night stay in Paris.

We were orginally going to stay in London for 5 nights - and Paris for 5 nights but changed it due to the timing in London.

Okay..

On Oct. 15 I got an email from AirFrance saying they changed my flight to go from Lax to Paris and then Paris to LHR ...well, I do not want to go to LHR - I actually WANT to be in Paris..

I called Airfrance to see if they would drop the Paris - LHR portion - they said I still had to talk with Orbitz as they were the "owner" of the ticket.

Dread... dread..dread.. I call Orbitz they say "Oh that was already changed by airfrance"

"huh?"

I request that they send me confirmation of this... they said sure.

No confirmation arrives.

I call back - "Can you please send me confirmation of this"

Sure.

No confirmation arrives.

This is round 3 now.

What do you think will happen if we go to the airport on December 22 and tell them we want to get off the plane in Paris and not continue to LHR?

We do not want any money back etc... just want to get off and not have our return canceled obviously.

Nov 7th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Original Poster

adding - I have one other ticket that I purchased via Airfrance for my stepson that I can change diretly with A.F.
Nov 7th, 2008, 01:30 PM

You can call or you can just go to airfrance.com to check your itinerary. You will see if it's going to London or Paris, for sure.

They may not let you change to Paris only, and you have to fly to London or else your return flight will be canceled.
Nov 7th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Original Poster

Yes, I keep checking and it reads the same - LAX - Paris - Paris - LHR... I hope I can change it...
Nov 7th, 2008, 03:42 PM

....just want to get off and not have our return canceled obviously.

Unfortunately once you get off in Paris, your whole itinerary will be canceled. There's no way out of it. Air France will need to issue you and your family new tickets with new PNR numbers if you want Paris as your final destination. Its a sad fact, sorry.

I am not that familiar with AF, but could you make Paris as a stopover on your way to LHR? This would mean changing dates, though.
Nov 7th, 2008, 07:22 PM
Original Poster

Joy - I was afraid of this. Dh has no concept of airlines and keeps saying "it is not that complicated" I am concerned they are going to want of course the change fee. Sigh.

We are actually not going to LHR at all - or London.

The tickets were a mess to begin with and it was a several week saga about getting them issued. I would have to search for the whole thread on it - but I did not even know they had finally been issued. I honestly gave up and just assumed the fare was lost... called ONE last time and they said the tickets had been issued already! I was floored and did not want to mess around so we left it alone and were going to take the train but then after many suggested just stay at the airport and fly to Paris (on the 23) we booked British Airway flights later on that day.

Anyway.. I will call Orbtiz again...
Nov 9th, 2008, 09:00 AM

Dawn, FWIW I would rather pay more than book on Orbitz. One bad experience a few years ago... we actually did lose a one way Paris to WashingtonDC to Atlanta ticket (x2). It was painful in the extreme.
I think you are doing well to have recovered anything at all from the situation.

Because of our orbitz experience I now find the best price on kayak and then book directly with the airline. I wish I could tell you something helpful, but I am here sympathizing!
Nov 9th, 2008, 12:42 PM
Original Poster

kswl - I would have thought I knew better then to book that kind of a ticket on Orbtiz. I will NEVER book through a site but use Kayak now as well. Live and learn. I have not had time or frankly the heart to call Orbitz again. I know I am beating a dead horse...
Nov 11th, 2008, 10:06 AM
Original Poster

Unbelievable. I just spent over an hour on hold with Orbtiz (literally) and I have no tickets. None. There is no ticket. Period.

I am freaking out...

Basically they said that when they contacted A.F. (orbtiz) to get the ticket changed Airfrance said there is no ticket. I have ticket numbers though - a ticket WAS issued for the four tickets. I have actual ticket numbers. Not just booking reference numbers etc.

Orbitz is now working on "new" flights for us?? I have an apartment that has been paid for - another person flying on those flights with us (my stepson) and his friend meeting us in Paris...

They said they would call me back with the new flights. I have had a horrible experience with no one calling me back etc.

We are supposed to leave on December 22...
Nov 11th, 2008, 10:23 AM

ORBITZ = TRAVEL SATAN

Dawn, SO SORRY... you are having so much thrown at you at once
Nov 11th, 2008, 10:38 AM
Original Poster

Kswl - I am pretty sure that the person on the other side - Ricky, thought I was crazy as I started to literally laugh out loud when he told me that I actually did not have tickets... he was dead silent.
Nov 11th, 2008, 11:11 AM
yk

I hope it works out!
Nov 11th, 2008, 11:17 AM
Original Poster

YK... I am lol as I just do not have any idea how it will.

I have a ticket for my stepson on A/F which was purchased on its own.

I have an 18 year old friend of ss flying from LAX to LHR and then LHR to CDG to meet us.

Obbitz was to call back in an hour..of course have no heard back...
Nov 11th, 2008, 11:34 AM
Original Poster

when I go to Airfrance site now and look via my ticket numbers or my booking reference number - there is no record.
Nov 11th, 2008, 11:47 AM
esm

Good grief Dawn! I remember when you first posted about your problems.

All I can say is hang in there and keep following up. Last year when I was trying to get my credit worked out with Continental I spent so much time on the phone that it drove me nearly crazy.
Nov 11th, 2008, 11:50 AM
Original Poster

I just do not even know what to say right now. Seriously.

I found that old thread and re-read it and was wondering what ever happened with you and Continental.

No phone call back yet of course...
Nov 11th, 2008, 11:56 AM
esm

I managed to use my credit but the routing was not the best. I hope it works out for you. I know how annoying it is to keep repeating the story over and over.

I just can't understand how they could "lose" your record/ticket. Again, good luck and hang in there.
Nov 11th, 2008, 12:18 PM
Original Poster

Just got off the phone with Orbitz. They are stating no new ticet was ever re-issued. Okay????

They need to go through corporate in order to get approval for the new tickets.

I have my stepson flying on the airfrance flights that we were on. I have our apartment booked and paid for etc.

Unbelievable.

I wonder if there had been no schedule change and we showed up at the airport? Would we have had tickets? I was able to get us seats etc. - and now - nothing shows up.

Search this Thread