Search

Priority Pass

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8th, 2004, 10:10 AM
Dan0501

Priority Pass

I have just heard about this program, where you pay a fee and get access to first class lounges all across the world. I would like to know if anyone has had any experience and what they think... Thanks. The website is: www.prioritypass.com

Old Mar 8th, 2004, 04:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting, but I must say that it would be more costly than outright membership in my own case. I suppose there would be people for whom the type of membership formats offered would might make some sense. The best application would seem to be those who do most of their traveling solo. You might also want to look at American Express Platinum card membership to see if that would fit the need. All things considered, that might be as cost-effective or more so.
Old Mar 8th, 2004, 06:54 PM

There is one MAJOR problem, with this. Depending on the airline you fly that particular day, and the airport, and with the new security features, you may not be able to use the lounge. For example, TPA, my home base has one of these lounges but it's in concourse B or C or D or whatever. I fly AA out of F, so my membership would be useless in this case as you need a boarding pass for the terminal you are departing from.

One more important fact. These are NOT first class lounges. They are airport lounges at best. There is a difference.
Old Mar 9th, 2004, 03:23 AM

Hi ...

Last year I was looking at this .... but thought it wasn't really worth it ... a lot of money & your companions still have to pay!!

Mark
Old Mar 9th, 2004, 10:38 AM

Hi,

I get my Priority Pass card free through the UK American Express Platinum Card( c $400 pa). Together with free travel insurance it is worth while for me ( depending on your routes).
The Priority Pass gives me access to most America West Clus ( LAS/PHX), Northwest, Continental ,some Delta, some US Air, United and Air canada.
The good thing is that you do not have to be flying that particular airline ( just have a boarding pass).

The disadvantages- does not cover all airports, some lounges are before security or not in your terminal.

A major factor will be what routes you fly.

Regards

TBS