Passport / Airline Ticket Question

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 2007, 04:52 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yesterday I booked an internatioanl trip on UAL - the agent told me that the passport and airline ticket needed to match exactly. So I gave her my first, middle and last name as it is on my passport. When I got the confirm, it only has my first, middle INITIAL and last name. Is this going to be okay or do I need to call United back?
Old May 3rd, 2007, 05:49 AM

That's not usual at all and I'm not aware of anyone having a problem with only having middle initial on ticket.
Old May 3rd, 2007, 06:11 AM

My passport is the same..."Stephen Edward...." and never had a problem.On my airline tckets, it always prints out "....../STEPHENE" The only question ever asked was a French immigration officerquot; Oh my,an American with a French name, how interesting.."of course with the overwhelming French accent....He was thinking my first name was "STEPHANE"....So you will not have any problems.Enjoy your trip
Old May 3rd, 2007, 03:23 PM

Not a problem. United has never used my full middle name on confirmation e-mail. Usually my "passenger name" doesn't even have my middle initial, including for international trips.

Made an award reservation for my sister and the e-mail said it was for "Barbra J Lastname". I called about the spelling of her first name and they said that the name they had was Barbara. No problem.
Old May 3rd, 2007, 05:19 PM

I agree with the others. My tickets on United (including several international tickets per year) always match the name on my Mileage Plus profile, which includes first name, middle initial, last name. My passport has my full middle name. I've never had a problem.
Old May 4th, 2007, 03:11 PM

My Delta Tickets are always Caroll (Carol L ) Never been a problem, but I have no idea why DL does this. It's fine on their webpage LOL!
Old May 7th, 2007, 06:51 PM

LauraT,

Not to worry, some computer systems are set so that there is a limit on field inputs but your asked for full name, go figure? Just be sure you have two forms of ID, drivers license and passport for example.