Paper versus e-ticket

Apr 13th, 2001, 05:45 AM
Helen

Paper versus e-ticket

I was reading the other day that it's really better to have a paper ticket versus an e-ticket. I'm going to Europe next week and don't know whether I should switch from e- to paper.

Any opinions?

Apr 13th, 2001, 01:46 PM
Cass

A paper ticket is a godsend if you have a cancelation, a mixed connection, or an extended delay. Those with e-tickets end up standing in 2 lines, first to convert to paper, then to re-book.

HOWEVER: Dadblasted American is now charging $10. for a paper ticket! Fly someone else!

Apr 14th, 2001, 07:17 PM
Dana

I think that's ridiculous that American is charging $10 to convert from e to paper ticket. I just converted my ticket the other day with United to paper, and there was no charge, as there should not be a charge. As far as I'm concerned I did all the work myself, i.e., punching in the fligh times, et ect, and we're saving them that trouble. All the agent did the other day was enter a little data into her computer, and happily hand me my ticket. Bravo, United!!!

Apr 16th, 2001, 09:25 AM
Al

I read in the paper this morning, the major airlines are going to start charging a fee for paper tickets, as much as $40 per ticket.

Apr 16th, 2001, 11:01 PM
major airline customer service

FYI....I work in customer service for a major airline and paper tickets still have to be endorsed in most cases to use on another airline. And if you make any changes to paper tickets they must be exchanged in person. With an electronic ticket it is much easier to change or update. The people who are talking about paper tickets have their heads up their a--es!

Jun 19th, 2001, 06:52 AM
topper

Also topped.

Jun 19th, 2001, 11:13 AM
susan

I usually do e-tickets for US domestic and paper tickets for international.

Unless your travel agency is close where you can physically pick up the paper tickets yourself, most travel agencies I have encountered charge $10 for shipping tickets by Fedex. If the tickets are sent by US mail and it's lost, the agency will not be responsible, I'm told. So for a few hundred dollar tickets, I save my time and money by selecting e-tickets. I've never had problems with e-tickets.

For international tickets that usually cost few thousand bucks, I will pay the extra $10 to make sure I receive paper tickets. I just don't quit trust traveling abroad with e-tickets. I may have language problem, they can spell my name wrong and not locate my reservation, etc. I also make sure I keep my tickets and passport in a safe.