Reload this Page >

E-Ticket versus Paper ticket

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19th, 2001, 05:35 AM
eflyer

I am an infrequent flyer and I'm not up on the latest travel trends. I made a reservation through a travel agent and was quite surprised when the tickets she sent me turned out to be e-tickets. <BR> <BR>What's the deal with these? Are there benefits/risks that I should know about? Can I still use curbside check-in? <BR> <BR>There is an airline office right near where I work, so would there be any benefit to having them issue me a paper ticket? <BR>Thanks for the advice.

Old Jun 19th, 2001, 06:53 AM
topper

See the other two relevant threads.

Old Jun 20th, 2001, 12:07 PM
Sarah

Yes I recently was watching a news piece that advised that if there are any problems with connections etc e tickets are not honored the way paper tickets are. So yes even though airlines to coerce you into using the e-tickets I would not.

Old Jun 20th, 2001, 03:13 PM
guy

I have used e-tkts most of the time on Delta over the last several years and have never had a problem...usually they will issue me a paper ticket for an over seas flight, but not always. I have travel to Europe several times on an e-tckt. Arguably, if there is a flight cancellation or an airline strike, it may behoove oneself to have a paper ticket as I believe it will be easier to use the ticket on another airline in the event of an emergency..If you have concerns about it..and are that close to a ticket office then you may want to go get a paper ticket to give yourself piece of mind. Otherwise I would really not worry bout it..I do not think it will matter on 99% of the flights..

Old Jun 20th, 2001, 03:25 PM
Buck

E-tickets are just fine. Yes you can use curbside checkin. You didn't say if it were international or domestic. If its international a paper ticker may be better in case of an emergency or a strike or such, but not to worry. Have a great trip, Buck