ORD chicago airport connnections

Feb 4th, 2007, 10:22 PM
Original Poster

ORD chicago airport connnections

We are flying into Chicago ORD and connecting to an international flight. We only have one hour to make this connection. Will this be a problem?

Thanks for your help. Laurie
Feb 5th, 2007, 02:35 AM

I did it once on AA & it was plenty of time (both flights on AA.) Just depends on if your original flight is on time would be my guess but I've only done it one time.
Feb 5th, 2007, 02:38 AM

Also, what time of year?
Feb 5th, 2007, 03:32 AM

Can you tell us which airlines you'll be flying? It makes a big difference. Some international flights (United, American, Lufthansa and a few others) depart from the domestic terminals and you won't even need to re-clear security. For some international carriers, you will need to transit to the international terminal and re-clear security there.
Feb 5th, 2007, 08:10 PM
Original Poster

Thank you all for your replies. We are flying AA in March. I called AA today and they let me change to an earlier flight at no additional charge.

So I am not quite so worried now. I have 2 and a half hours in Chicago before my international flight.

I probably would have been okay with the one hour connection, but I just dont want to have to worry about it.

Anyway, thanks again for your help.
Laurie
Feb 8th, 2007, 03:21 PM

I think you did the right thing, for peace of mind if anything. I usually begin and end trips at ORD. Lately it seems like the flight heading back to ORD is on time, but once we land we end up waiting to pull up to the gate, sometimes a half hour or more. It doesn't matter too much to me since my trip ends here, but some of the passengers end up missing their connections.

Search this Thread