Search

Orbitz experts please help!!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17th, 2006, 11:05 PM
mvs
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Orbitz experts please help!!

I just booked open jaw tickets from Seattle to Rome and then Naples to Seattle on Orbitz.com. I received an e-mail that gives me ticket #'s for me and my wife and "record locater" #'s for each of the airlines we are flying on. Here is my question, is the record locater # the same as a confirmation #. I've never flown open-jaw or used Orbitz before and am used to using confirmation #'s to check in for flights. Thank you in advance for your help.
Old Feb 18th, 2006, 03:56 AM

Yes, in general they refer to the same thing. They should be 6-digit codes. For all US-based airlines and selected foreign ones, you can go to those airlines' own websites and pull up your records, get/change seat selection, and in some case do online check-in for your flights.
Old Feb 18th, 2006, 05:25 AM
mvs
Original Poster

Thnak you rkkwan. I will try looking up my records on the various airlines websites.
Old Feb 18th, 2006, 10:09 AM

There are also a few websites that will pull the records for you, like virtuallythere.com, checkmytrip.com, etc
Old Feb 18th, 2006, 11:10 AM

In my experience using Orbitz, the "Orbitz record locator" and the airline confirmation number are NOT the same thing.

As mentioned above, the airline confirmation # is a six-number/letter series. Orbitz's record locator tends to be eight digits or longer. If I happen to use Orbitz, I phone the airline afterwards to confirm my reservation and get the confirmation code then.

Getting the airline's code for your reservation is a great idea, since you'll be dealing with the airline at the airport counter and not Orbitz.