Reload this Page >

Northwest Airlines---food any good?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24th, 2003, 06:40 PM
Janey

I have never flown them before...do they seem do be a good airline? Thanks.

Old Jan 24th, 2003, 08:19 PM
Jill

What food?

Old Jan 25th, 2003, 06:18 AM
Janey

Does this mean they serve No food?? On any flights??

Old Jan 25th, 2003, 06:39 AM
gail

Most airlines have done away with food except for transatlantic or possibly cross-country non-stop flights.

Old Jan 25th, 2003, 10:35 AM
x

Meals are most likely served on transatlantic and transpacific flights. For most domestic flights, only first class passengers receive a meal for flights over 2 hours long and it's not very good. Coach passengers will probably receive snacks i.e. nuts, chips, crackers, etc. If eating during your flight is a concern, I would pack sandwiches or something you can keep chilled in those disposable tupperware like containers (don't forget the plastic forks, spoons and knives). Also, bring your own bottled water, when the plane runs out of bottled, they serve tap. YOU DO NOT WANT TO DRINK THE TAP WATER!! Call NW and ask about the services offered for your specific flight, service may actually vary per flight even though the routes are the same.

Old Jan 25th, 2003, 10:47 AM
Flyboy

First class meals have improved noticeably over the past year and a half. Coach class meals are all but a thing of the past on most domestic flights with Northwest, although they may still have them on the longest hauls. Your e-ticket itinerary should tell you whether or not a meal is being served.

Old Jan 25th, 2003, 11:23 AM
karen

Just flew NW last week. DTW to MSP. Early morning flght. They served a box of cereal, milk, banana and a muffin. Not sure about other times of day. Good idea other poster had was to call NW directly.

Old Jan 25th, 2003, 11:50 AM
joe

NW food is like their service....questionable at best. Stick with the prezels.

Old Jan 25th, 2003, 04:01 PM
FrugalFred

The food is soooo good you'll decide to fly just for the food! <tongue-in-cheek> I've gotten where if it's a long flight I feel lucky to get anything. I'd bring some snack with me. Even 1stClass. I would never pick any airline for the "food", which as frequent flyers no can suddenly be discontinued on even the longest flights. Bring something & worry not the quality of the handouts.

Old Apr 5th, 2007, 06:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If I were to fly NW again (and hopefully I will not), I would be more concerned about the flight actually arriving on time, or even on the same day, in order to get a connection than I would be about the food. Eat before you get on board. Don't plan on eating after because the flight delay could elongate your journey. As the other poster said...stick to the pretzels.
Old Apr 9th, 2007, 06:51 PM

Just flew from Detroit/Paris rt and the food was definitely not good. Bought our own at CDG before the flight.
Old Apr 11th, 2007, 09:01 AM

I know this is an incredibly old post (2003), but I wanted to mention that I flew NWA from Detroit to Paris (and back) in 2004, and the food was fine. It wasn't gourmet restaurant quality (really hard to achieve anyway with pre-prepared mass quantity food), but it was decent to my surprise. We got some sort of chicken/pasta meal on the way to Paris, and then a hot egg "mcmuffin" type of breakfast (that I remember hitting the spot at the time, but perhaps my excitement of realizing I was about to land on another continent for the first time has clouded my memory). On the flight back to Detroit, it was a hot pizza snack that reminded me of a "hot pocket". It was good.

Again, not gourmet, but pretty good for airplane food in my opinion. Actually, the entire transatlantic flight with NWA was nice...it's sad to hear accounts of bad dealings with NWA, because I've flown with them quite a bit (RIC-DTW), without problems. I guess you just never know...there can be problems with any of the airlines at any time...