No Change Ticket - Option

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18th, 2008, 11:58 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am flying BA on a non-changable, non-refundable, don't even consider it ticket. I have a 36 hour layover to my connecting flight on BA (I got a great deal so it was worth it). If the class of service in which I am flying (business) is not full on the flight the night before, are odds good that the counter agents will allow me to change my ticket at that time and fly out or should I just make dinner reservations? Thanks
Old Sep 18th, 2008, 01:57 PM

Received 79 Likes on 8 Posts
Where?
Old Sep 18th, 2008, 10:42 PM

I'd say the odds are 99.9% certain they won't let you change even if Biz Class is empty. Might if they're really seriously overbooked on your flight.

BA are near-obsessive about brands, and making sure you don't get what you don't pay for. They make their money out of full-fare intercontinental premium class passengers, and they're not interested in diluting the benefits of sky-high fares by letting those of us who buy on price have any of them.
Old Sep 18th, 2008, 11:50 PM

For once I agree with <b>flanner</b>

slim to none, and I believe slim already left town.

BA is a stickler about the rules. Unless you have a fully refundable ticket, they will pretty much tell you to go away.

You could always ask, but expect nothing, and you won't be disappointed.

Start making dinner reses.... (after all, it's easier to cancel dinner reses than not having any to begin with, especially if it's a high end, favorite restaurant)
Old Sep 19th, 2008, 08:37 AM

Received 79 Likes on 8 Posts
In the absence of an answer to &quot;where?&quot; I'll assume it's Heathrow that we're talking about. In which case I guess I agree, but I would certainly ask nevertheless.

I've had the opposite experience on one or two occasions - BA people actually allowing things like this, but I'm certain it's dependent on the person, the location, and the flight specifics.

We don't know where the OP is connecting and from where to where. If the &quot;to&quot; destination is shorthaul, they might well allow taking an earlier flight, which would allow them to free up inventory for sale on the later flight. If it's longhaul, probably less of a chance.
Old Sep 20th, 2008, 06:41 PM

There is also he issue of bags - will you be checking any? If so, when you check in at origin your bags) will be tagged to go on the same flight you are scheduled. In reality, they may actually get on the earlier flight even if you do not, but you can't be sure. You would have to have checked bags pulled and rerouted if you get he earlier flight.
Old Sep 22nd, 2008, 07:08 AM
Original Poster

Sorry it took me a while to catch up with my mail. Yes, I will be departing from Heathrow. Thanks for all of your responses.
Old Sep 22nd, 2008, 07:11 AM
Original Poster

I forgot to add: long haul (JNB) and I will not be checking any bags.