Oct 9th, 2019, 08:32 AM
Original Poster

Name issue on ticket! Help please.

Hello,

On my passport my name is;

First Name: Riaz Ali Last Name: Khan

But on my ticket it says:

First Name: RiazMr Last Name: AliKhan

Will this cause me any trouble when travelling?
Oct 9th, 2019, 09:07 AM

Probably.
Oct 9th, 2019, 10:25 AM

You need to ask the airline -- not us. They are the ones who can deny you boarding. You may have to pay to change the names on your ticket.
Oct 9th, 2019, 12:00 PM
J62

my totally random guess:

I don't think it will make a difference as all of the same names are on each doc, just in different boxes.

My 1st name is Jay, middle initial P., last name 62
Some of my tickets say 62, Jay 62, others JayP 62.
Oct 9th, 2019, 12:06 PM

True - it might not make a difference. But discovering at the airport that it does make a difference - "But that guy on Fodors said I'd be OK!"
Oct 9th, 2019, 06:36 PM

Probably not going to be a problem, but would check with the airline to be sure.
Oct 9th, 2019, 07:26 PM

\You will be fine. My wife's middle name is often combined with her last name with no space. No problems. No one including TSA has never said a thing. The whole name is there, just not probably separated. Will not be the first time they have seen such a problem.
Oct 13th, 2019, 12:54 AM

The airline should be able to reissue the ticket with the correct name free of cost. Ali should have gone after the first name. If someone wants to be stubborn I think they can.
Oct 13th, 2019, 04:57 AM

My husband uses his first initial, middle name and surname on his passport: H Rxxxx Mxxxxx. Usually that’s the way it is on his ticket and boarding pass but not all airline websites allow you to enter it the same way. It could be Hrxxxxx Mxxxxx or HRxxxxx Mxxxxx .
It has never caused any problems with check in or boarding. However it is a real nuisance whenever we fly Air Canada because the Aeroplan loyalty program website is set up differently and we cannot enter his info. the same way as we do for the airline and so his Aeroplan # is not recognized by Air Canada. We tried to sort it out a few years ago but inspite of numerous phone calls, emails, and promises to correct the problem it was never resolved. Now we have to go to the checkin counter every time to have his loyalty # input.
Oct 13th, 2019, 11:29 PM

There isn't a separate first name and middle name field on some passports, it is all under Given Names.