Reload this Page >

Missed connection-British Airways

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20th, 2001, 01:32 PM
Daphne

Just got back from Paris. B.A. late getting to CDG [where chaos reigned] so our 2 hour layover at Heathrow became a half-hour. Captain said those transferring to CHI., LAX, etc. WOULD BE HELPED! We got NO help. Walked very fast, slowed down at security, heard last boarding announcement about 3 minutes before we got to the gate [as far away as it could be]. They had our names on a list but called the plane to see if the door had been shut. Many times we have waited 20 minutes for stagglers but our bags had been pulled right on the dot. Then B.A. tried to sent us to Vancouver [but that plane was grounded due to a lightning strike]. Then to JFK [huge storm on east coast and backed up]. I insisted that we fly B.A. to go direct, non-stop over-the-pole and that they pay for our hotel and give us a morning flight. Happily, they thought of Air New Zealand [leaving in 1 1/2 hours from another terminal. After waiting 12 minutes for the bus, then waiting 20 minutes while it waited for more riders, going through security again, etc. We had a nice flight [with a lot more leg room than on B.A.',even a foot rest]. Our bags came on the next day's N.Z. flight and were delivered to our home the day after, locks broken or picked for security reasons but nothing missing. All I can say is, we had better get those miles!

Old Jun 21st, 2001, 03:28 AM
Cecil

Don't understand - is this a complaint ? <BR> <BR>They seem to have dealt with your difficulties very efficiently. <BR> <BR>Was this your first time on an aircraft?

Old Jun 21st, 2001, 10:28 AM
Daphne

Yes, my post was a mild complaint and I'm curious if anyone else has had a similar experience. Why didn't B.A. page our names since they had such a short list? Why did the captain say that passengers with so little time would be able to make it and would be given help getting through security [we could have elbowed our way through but that's rude] and then were given none at all. Yes, B.A. did do the right thing but not w/o trying first to send us to Timbuktu. Yes, we have flown before--almost yearly on B.A. and as I said, we have often waited for passengers who were much later than our 2 minutes[and perhaps due to their own tardiness].

Old Jul 6th, 2001, 12:14 PM
Daphne

Addendum- <BR>Just as I thought! Our miles on Air New Zealand will not be credited until we fax proof that we were on this flight to B.A. They said to copy everything [luckily I have learned to save everything]. Our boarding passes are very unofficial looking--no airling name on them and filled in by hand. I do have a sheet from A.N.Z. titled Property Irregularity Report concerning our luggage that didn't make the flight but how do we prove we were really on board ?[I do have a salt and pepper packet!]

Old Jul 6th, 2001, 06:09 PM
s!

If they balk at your paperwork...mail a letter to the President of BA. Carbon copy the vice presidents of marketing, customer service and sales. Do a little research and get the correct names and titles. It might be a little work...but that is a lot of miles. Be really polite in you letters and or calls. Tell them about all of your great past experiences. This usually works...it might even get you a free upgrade or a coupon. Never be afraid to complain to a company. Good luck