Refund if schedule changes?

Jun 29th, 2001, 07:41 AM
tobey

Refund if schedule changes?

I bought non-refundable tickets on Delta and they have since made a schedule change which will bring us home SEVEN HOURS later than originally booked, which totally messes up our plans (need hotel room, late for work, etc.).
Isn't there a rule that if they change the flight by more than a certain number of hours, I can get a full refund, even with non-refundable tickets?
I've been searching the Web for an answer to this and haven't found one. Can anyone help?

Jun 29th, 2001, 08:04 AM
xxx

Although I am certain there must be in the fine print some language that Delta reserves the right to change schedules, I can not help but think that if the this is a material schedule change and inconveniences you for 7 hours..that Delta would not rally to your side and accomodate you..If you live in a city that has a Delta ticket office, I would go there and explain it to them personally. I think you may have a good result. I would not try to fix this over the phone or via e-mail if you can actually go to the ticket office and talk to a live person face to face..Good Luck !!!

Jun 29th, 2001, 09:14 AM
tobad

Seven hours???? Count yourselves lucky. Many, many "delays" are being counted in days and yes that is domestic flights and, yup, happened to me. Cost me 2 days of a 5 day trip.......no refund, no apology.

Jun 29th, 2001, 10:27 AM
carlos

"Rule 240" might (or might not) apply to this situation - suggest to Delta that it does - worth a try, anyway.

Jul 2nd, 2001, 02:50 PM
Linda

Don't know exact answer, but I bought tickets via Travelocity way in advance of a trip. The times/schedule changed by small amounts several times. I called and asked if, since the airline was changing the time/flight number could we go ahead and rebook to a different flight combo. The Travelocity agent said if the change exceeded a certain number of hours (don't remember how many) they would rebook us at no cost, but ours was not that great.

You may be able to get more info from the travel agents that answer questions over on www.clarkhoward.com travel board.

Jul 8th, 2001, 03:55 AM
karen

If the schedule change is more than 2 hours difference from original flight times most of the major airlines will give a full refund on tickets. I was able to do this on TWA and AA with no hassles. The only thing though..the refunds took about 2 months to be credited back to credit card.