Search

Mexicana Airline

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1st, 2005, 08:23 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mexicana Airline

Take care when choosing an airline for your Mexico trips. I recently booked a family trip through Mexicana Airlines from Texas to Manzanillo. My party was bumped from an Aeromar flight scheduled to connect with Mexicana. My party was stranded in the Mexico City Airport for almost three days. During this time my 73 year old mother had become ill and was near collapse. Mexicana gave my party no assistance and told me they had no responsibility. We had to contact the US Embassy to help us get home. When I filed a follow-up complaint, once again I was told Mexicana had no responsibility. If you are an older traveler or traveling with children please take into consideration this company's business practices and policies.
Old Feb 1st, 2005, 09:35 AM

Can you give more details? Were you suppose to fly Aeromexico from TX to Mexico City, and then Mexicana from Mexico City to Mazanillo? Is both legs on the same itinerary or did you buy the tickets seperately?

Did you buy travel insurance and if not, why not?
Old Feb 1st, 2005, 10:57 AM

I'm curious as well, since it's a very rare case when someone gets bumped off of a connection flight since you're already checked in before you even arrive.

I use Mexicana on daily basis. I've booked at least 50 trips in the past 6 months on Mexicana into Huatulco and had no issues with them.
Old Feb 1st, 2005, 12:59 PM

Mexicana codeshares with Aeromar. Were you on an Aeromar fllight but ticketed on a Mexicana flight number? While my experience with Mexicana is that agents can be quite petulant at times, this sounds pretty nasty.
Old Feb 1st, 2005, 04:25 PM

I have posted this before but will post it again. We were on a Mexicana flight (can't remember if it was from PV or Matzalan).

An man in about his 60's started having problems. The TA's did not seem too concerned.

There was a RN aboard. She checked him and said he was having a heart attack.

The nearest airport was LAX. They would not ask permission to stop in LAX so the passenger could get medical help. They continued on to SFO. The passenger died.

Last time we ever took Mexicana.
Old Feb 1st, 2005, 07:14 PM
Original Poster

To RKKWAN: We flew Aeromar to Mexico City from Manzanillo and then were suppose to fly Mexicana from Mexico City to San Antonio, TX. I bought the tickets at the same time through Mexicana direct. No I did not buy flight insurance because I could not insure the rest of my trip.
Old Feb 1st, 2005, 08:06 PM

I would pursue this with the FAA, your Congressman (if you're a US citizen), or some other channels. Probably through a lawyer if you can find one that will take the case pro bono. From what you describe, that's totally unacceptable behavior. And I think we should all keep that in mind when booking Mexicana.
Old Feb 3rd, 2005, 07:12 PM
Original Poster

RKKWAN: Thanks for the advice. If you have any other ideas I hope you will let me know. I'm making an effort to get the word out. I haven't ruled out legal action either. Thanks