long layover in jfk

Search

long layover in jfk

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2nd, 2010, 06:26 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
long layover in jfk

Hi, My husband and I will be flying from Madrid to Indianapolis Dec. 30th. What started out to be a 2 hour and 45 minute layover in JFK has turned into a 6 hour and 10 minute layover. I've checked the schedule on line and the flight to Indy is the earliest that is non-stop. They have cancelled the earlier flight.

So since we will be stuck in JFK for such a long time I was thinking about buying a one day Delta Sky Club pass. Can't find much info. online about this. The passes cost $50 each. Any thoughts? Sincerely, Summer
Old Oct 2nd, 2010, 07:41 AM

Spending $100 to get to the club is crazy.

Call DL and have them switch you to the Atlantla (ATL) connection. More flights ATL-IND.

[I also checked the DL's flight from NY LaGuadia (LGA) to IND. But no good connection, even if you are willing to take a cab over (which costs a lot less than $100). ]
Old Oct 2nd, 2010, 07:41 AM

I can't answer about the passes, but I would suggest that you call Delta and get a better flight.

Instead of the 11am flight to JFK, you could take DL's 11.30 flight to Atlanta, which connects to a 6.50pm flight that arrives in IND at 8.29. There are plenty of seats on both flights. That connection gives you a little extra time to get ready on your departure day, gets to IND 90 minutes earlier than the JFK flight, and avoids any possible winter weather issues in New York.

DL should allow you to make the change, as they were the ones who made the schedule change.
Old Oct 2nd, 2010, 07:42 AM

excellent idea, rkkwan!
Old Oct 2nd, 2010, 05:43 PM
Original Poster

THANK YOU so much!!!!! I just called Delta and they made the change to connect through Atlanta. I was getting very grumpy thinking about 6 hours in JFK. You are just the best for taking the time to solve this problem. Summer