Linking ANA codeshare reservation

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21st, 2023, 03:50 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am flying ANA F award from the US-HND, but have plans to fly elsewhere after a few days. I can book a RT ticket on Asiana that is an ANA codeshare flight. I plan to return to HND roughly ~6 hours before my US return leg, I figure I have a decent margin of error, and Asiana flies often to HND, but I'd like to give myself the best odds at not being 'stranded' with no recourse.

Am I able to, or has anyone, successfully linked/merged two itineraries like this? Or is this a waste of time and won't matter? I can find cheaper flights, just thought the 'insurance' might be worth it.
Old Aug 23rd, 2023, 03:57 PM

IIUC, you would be flying on Asiana from elsewhere to Seoul to Haneda and then 6 hours later depart HND on ANA.
Another way to look at it would be if the ANA flight was an Asiama codeshare.
Old Aug 23rd, 2023, 04:15 PM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mrwunrfl
IIUC, you would be flying on Asiana from elsewhere to Seoul to Haneda and then 6 hours later depart HND on ANA.
Another way to look at it would be if the ANA flight was an Asiama codeshare.

Correct, I'm flying SFO-HND and HND-SFO on ANA, and I plan to head to Korea in between the flights. Normally, I would head back a day before, but I would prefer to maximize my time elsewhere. I'm just curious if I would gain any kind of protection by booking with Asiana/ANA, at least on the inbound GMP-HND flight, in the off chance I catch a gnarly delay. It's ANA F, so I'm not going to be buying that cash fare the following day if I'm stuck.
Old Aug 23rd, 2023, 04:44 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
I don't think its possible. Some airlines won't even link separate bookings/PNRs that are all on their own metal
Old Aug 25th, 2023, 06:30 PM

If GMP-HND is your first flight of the day then you should be ok. Your HND departure must be NH 108 at 10:55 PM. And your plan would be to arrive at 5:50 PM on OZ. I would probably book the GMP flight op by ANA.

Do a search for GMP-SFO in F and you will see the ANA options that are scheduled to connect to your flight to SFO. There are flights op by NH before and after that NH6970 codeshare op by OZ.

Call ANA and ask.

Am guessing your NH flight is a United award. Is the Asiana trip on an award too?

Last edited by mrwunrfl; Aug 25th, 2023 at 06:32 PM.
Old Aug 26th, 2023, 07:51 AM
Original Poster

If GMP-HND is your first flight of the day then you should be ok. Your HND departure must be NH 108 at 10:55 PM. And your plan would be to arrive at 5:50 PM on OZ. I would probably book the GMP flight op by ANA.

Do a search for GMP-SFO in F and you will see the ANA options that are scheduled to connect to your flight to SFO. There are flights op by NH before and after that NH6970 codeshare op by OZ.

Call ANA and ask.

Am guessing your NH flight is a United award. Is the Asiana trip on an award too?
I am trying to get an extra day in Jeju, so I was planning on flying CJU-GMP-HND. Leaving at 9-10am from CJU, which has flights seemingly every 5-10mins to GMP, having a 4+ hour layover in GMP as a buffer, and then continuing on to HND to enjoy the ANA amenities for a few hours. I can do a multicity itinerary that covers HND-GMP-CJU-HND from Asiana, but it seems like it might be a touch cheaper to book as 2 itineraries.

It was booked with Virgin last winter when there was that big availability dump in Jan. Everything else is a cash fare right now, holding out hope ANA might release some awards as we get closer, but I'm not sure how much I want to chance it. Everything is waitlisted, as usual, and I don't really feel like transferring points to ANA and have them potentially expire. ANA cash fares are considerably more expensive for some reason, but it might be worth it to do as you suggest, spend a little more for that insurance. I haven't explored awards with Asiana as I don't have any of their miles.

I'm sure I'm being overly cautious and it should be fine, but I don't want to just throw caution to the wind and go in blind with no coherent strategy.
Old Aug 26th, 2023, 09:11 AM

>> trying to get an extra day in Jeju,
Doesn't necessarily mean spending the night on Jeju.

Dep CJU 1:10 PM
ANA Marketed as OZ 8932, NH 6970, NH 108
but you have more buffer at GMP connection

So, you are travelling this year, probably after typhoon season and before snow. IDK about Korea weather, but if it is November then I would have no worries flying around Japan. Can't be much different in SK.
Old Aug 26th, 2023, 09:36 AM
Original Poster

>> trying to get an extra day in Jeju,
Doesn't necessarily mean spending the night on Jeju.

Dep CJU 1:10 PM
ANA Marketed as OZ 8932, NH 6970, NH 108
but you have more buffer at GMP connection

So, you are travelling this year, probably after typhoon season and before snow. IDK about Korea weather, but if it is November then I would have no worries flying around Japan. Can't be much different in SK.
It is the end of October, so I guess basically November. Weather looks to be mild, in the 50s-70s.

I will check out that flight, the fact it is NH 108 sounds like a huge positive. Thank you!