Reload this Page >

Least Cramped Seating

Search

Least Cramped Seating

Search this Thread

Old May 18th, 2000, 10:45 AM
Ann

Least Cramped Seating

I'm planning a trip from U.S. to Paris soon and am wondering which air carrier has the most leg room/butt room in economy <BR><BR>Some of the choices I'm looking into are American, United and Air France.

Old May 18th, 2000, 03:41 PM
scigirl

I have not flown American or United international. I just returned from Europe and was on Air France outbound and Delta inbound. The same model 747 was used on both transatlantic flights - but Air France had more room. They also had significantly better food than the Delta flight. The Air France seats seemed wider and reclined farther - which made sleeping slightly easier - and more leg room too.

Old May 18th, 2000, 03:51 PM
Scott K.

Whatever the airline, try and book on a 777. Largest seats of any economy and 99% of the time , the most leg room.

Old May 30th, 2000, 09:47 AM
Brian in Atlanta

I agree with scigirl on Delta vs Air France (though she is mistaken regarding a Delta 747 - they do not own any). Aside from the possibility of strikes, Air France is a very nice airline - pleasant crew and better than average food. <BR> <BR>Just flew on a AF 777 yesterday and the new seats were slightly better than average and the personal entertainment system helped make the flight shorter (though when the person in front of you reclines, it's hard to see your screen). <BR> <BR>But if you're traveling as a couple, it's 3x3x3 seating, so you can't get just 2 seats together.

Old Oct 8th, 2000, 07:40 AM
sandy

Just be aware that not all 777s are created equal. Eqach airline configures the cabin to its own specification. BA's is roomier than AA's or UA's, for example.