Jet Blue / Planes?

Apr 7th, 2004, 05:54 AM
Original Poster

Jet Blue / Planes?

Hi. I priced Jet Blue for our San Juan cruise & their prices were a good deal better. I have never flown JetBlue before & am thinking of doing so. The only thing is their planes seem small, are they? (I usually fly on the big Airbusses w/ over 200 passengers, so 150 seater seems small. Does your flight seem bumpier on these smaller planes? (I ask this because I tend to be a nervous flyer)
Thanks for any feedback,
Marina
Apr 7th, 2004, 07:36 AM

The only plane Jetblue uses is the Airbus 320, which is a single-aisle plane with 3-3 seating that's about the same size as a 737-300 or 737-700. Both the A320 and B737 are the workhorses all around the world.

And in the US, unless you're flying some major trunk routes between large cities or large airline hubs, you seldom will fly a widebody (planes with two aisles).

As far as bumpiness - it mostly depends on weather. I never feel a 737/320 significantly bumpier than a widebody.
Apr 7th, 2004, 07:38 AM

The planes are somewhat smaller than the dual-aisle Airbus 300s (or 330/340s) you're probably thinking about, yes. But they're not small planes. And at cruising altitude, you tend to get a lot less turbulence than during takeoff/climb or descent/landing.

Nothing to worry about. Relax, enjoy!
Apr 10th, 2004, 05:10 PM

I'm sure that you will like Jet Blue. After your problem with AA FF left a bad taste in your mouth, Jet Blue will be a pleasure.
I began flying JB after I experienced terrible customer service with AA, and have never been sorry that I did.
Their Costomer service is GREAT, their staff are eager to accomodate. Their 3/3 center aisle makes for a bit of difficulty to use the rest room if the FA are dispensing beverages, but they do this VERY quickly.
Where are you flying from?
Flying out of JFK to San Juan, you will lose the seatback TV soon into the flight, which disapointed the kids, but for the price(we only paid 99 each way)
it was a small inconvenience. We also had no problems with "bumpiness".
Have a great trip
Apr 14th, 2004, 09:03 AM
Original Poster

CyberUK,

Why do you lose the seat tv flying to San Juan?
Does this happen on all San Juan flights?
Apr 14th, 2004, 10:06 AM

oc......DirectTV not offered on flights to PR or Dominican Republic...
http://www.jetblue.com/havefun/direc...ribuneTVFront/
Apr 14th, 2004, 11:45 AM

The plane flys out over the Atlantic, and there is no satelite coverage