Reload this Page >

Illness may cause cancellation!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 09:58 AM
Lynda

We are scheduled to go to Europe in late September again. We were able to get these tickets with our air miles. My mother in law has become quite ill and we are probably not going to be able to go right now. Will I be able to reschedule our flights later or am I going to just lose these tickets? I also have a rental car reserved. I don't want to cancel this trip too soon in the event she gets better. What do you think?

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 10:30 AM
dick

I think you should call the carrier that issued the ticket and find out the conditions for reinstatement of miles or change of dates. There are many changes to FF programs right now so any advice on boards may not be up to date.

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 02:01 PM
COresBoy

At least from my point with OnePass, there are no fees to reissue reward tickets. There just have to be availability of the seats. There is a $35 fee per person to redeposit the rewards back into the account. Keep the airline informed if you decide that you can't go.

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 02:02 PM
Patty

Generally, award redemption tickets are valid for one year from the date of issue and dates can be changed without penalty as long as you haven't flown the first leg of your trip. To redeposit the miles back into your account, there is a redeposit fee. I would just hold on to the tickets and wait and see. Double check with the airline's FF department though.

Old Sep 11th, 2002, 12:22 PM
Lynda

Still praying that she will get better!