Iberia Airlines..are they really that bad?

Apr 23rd, 2001, 12:55 PM
Rod

Iberia Airlines..are they really that bad?

I'm flying to Barcelona from Chicago via Iberia Airlines next month and had seen some older postings detailing how bad the airline and their service is. Can anyone give me some feedback on some recent dealings they've had with Iberia??

Thanks!

Apr 23rd, 2001, 03:56 PM
Ron

Rod, Three years ago I flew From Chicago to Malaga with Iberia. They delayed the return flight from Malaga to madrid .They insisted , the plane would not leave Madrid without us. It Did. It took about an hour and a half of arguing to get them to get me to JFK via LHR . They insisted there were no flights to BWI, my final destination . Another lie.I had Booked the flight without a problem at LHR , at my own expense. They refused to reimburse me for my expense. If I had stayed in Madrid to leave the following day , it would also have been at my own expense. I flew Span Air out of Dulles last year the fare in October was about $548. The flight was pleasant and the food and service were good.

Apr 23rd, 2001, 06:51 PM
gail

Yes. See my recent post. Their attitude is horrible. Someone on this Forum replied to my pre-reservation query about Iberia with the response "it's only an hour flight, how bad can it be?" The answer is "worse than you can imagine" -- spare yourself and use another carrier.

Apr 24th, 2001, 09:29 AM
Ishoo

Are they really that bad? YES!!

Apr 25th, 2001, 11:44 PM
PS Local

They must be pretty awful. We are thinking of taking a trip to Spain in the Fall and I looked here and on eopinions.com for feedback. Iberia got seriously dissed everywhere.

Even though their fares seem to be low, I think we will avoid them like the plague. Who needs it.

Apr 27th, 2001, 07:42 AM
Rod

Obviously I made a HUGE mistake. I've read a few posts on other boards as well in which Iberia has cancelled a flight altogether and would not book passengers on other airlines to get them to their destinations. Aren't airlines required to get you to your destination within a certain time frame? The reason I'm asking is that I've booked a cruise out of Barcelona that departs at 7 p.m. Luckily, I'm supposed to arrive (key word: supposed) at 9:30 a.m. so at least I have a little bit of a window to do some last minute rebooking at the airports should I need to. Thanks everyone for all your posts!!

Apr 27th, 2001, 08:01 AM
Cass

Rod: Have a plan B.

Jun 8th, 2001, 12:37 PM
Rod

Just got back from flying Iberia and have to say that I was pleasantly surprised that I had no problems whatsoever. I also flew with them from Barcelona to Paris and found the flights to be very good. Sorry guys, Iberia gets my vote!!

Jun 16th, 2001, 01:17 PM
david

flew jfk to mad twice---no problems

Jun 16th, 2001, 02:03 PM
Rudy

We flew with Iberia in March from JFK to Madrid and then on to Tenerife, and then return. On the flight to Madrid, the service was awful. The attendants appeared to hide out in the galley. There was no choice offered on the dinner, and what we got was pretty poor. The tv monitors did not show the movie, and they made no attempt to correct this. But...all other flights, including the return from Madrid were OK. In recent years I have flown Aer Lingus, BEA, Spanair, Northwest, American, on overseas flights, and I would rate my experience with Iberia at the bottom. But, to put it in perspective, there really wasnt *that* much difference between the bottom and the top.