How to buy tickets on alliance airlines

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31st, 2022, 07:10 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to go RT PHX-Paris in November. Signed up with a 3rd party price drop webiste. A great price came up with Air Canada PHX- CDG and its alliance partner United CDG-PHX. Going to both sites does not bring up those flights. I prefer to buy direct from the airlines for a variety of reasons. How do I buy direct from either Air Canada or United for the flights that just appear on this 3rd party site?

Last edited by Moderator1; Jan 1st, 2023 at 07:33 AM. Reason: removed 50+ lines of white space
Old Jan 1st, 2023, 07:21 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
You don't mention which 3rd party website - some are great, some not so much and are mainly set up to lure one into booking through them and then provide no customer service at all.

But if it is one of the legit sites and the same itinerary doesn't appear on either AC or UA then you are going to have to call. Get all the details from the 3rd party listing, the phone UA and ask them to book those flights. If the first agent can't/won't, HUCA (hang up call again) because all call center agents are not created equal/as well trained. If still unlucky it may be an illegal routing of some sort . . . married segments, too short connection times, something else??

There may be a charge to book by phone
Old Jan 1st, 2023, 10:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The fare you found was $568.

I just did a search at Search flights || ITA Matrix by Google (itasoftware.com) for PHX-CDG roundrip, 10-12 nights, starting Nov 1. Found $588 for Nov 5-16. Went to aircanada.com and searched the same dates and got $551.

That is a Basic Economy fare and there are optional bag and an early seat selection charges. I assume that seat charge allows you to select seats but that you pay more for the seat selected. The trip involved a 13 hour connection and almost 30 hours on the return.

What are your travel dates and .are you flexible?