Search

How is Easyjet?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22nd, 2009, 09:12 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How is Easyjet?

DH and I are planning to fly Easyjet from Paris Orly to Naples in September. I haven't booked the tickets yet, but it's running about 230-250 euros for 2 people (including taxes, fees, and hold luggage). I have a few questions for those who have flown on Easyjet.

1.How far in advance should I make the reservations? Is it too early now for September? Does the fare seem reasonable?

2.I've read that budget airlines have strict carry-on and checked baggage requirements. Easyjet allows one standard piece of hand baggage to maximum dimensions of 55x40x20cm (free) and checked baggage up to 20kg (fee).

We're light travelers and are planning to each carry one backpack dimensions 48x34x20cm and one medium bag (such as a duffel, tote bag, or shoulder bag) for our camera equipment and personal items. Do you think we will be allowed on board with both the backpack and a personal item bag? I'm wondering if I should pay in advance for checked luggage as we'd rather not check in any bags.

Also, I welcome any comments on the airline.

Thanks!
Old Jan 22nd, 2009, 10:16 AM

all you have to do is type "easyjet" in the little search box above your post and you can read for hours about peoples experience with the airline. No need to rehash the same info again.

btw, it's a good no frill airline but be careful with luggage and check in times....
Old Jan 22nd, 2009, 10:34 AM

Just make sure your not late for the flight and you should be ok. Seating is a little tight but for short flights, it is ok. They charge for water on the flight. As for the price, how much flexibility do you have? What day are you flying on.

Put your heavy articles in your carry on bag and the lighter items in your checked bag and watch those weight limits.
Old Jan 22nd, 2009, 10:37 AM

Easyjet is a recommendable low-budget airline.

You can take one carry-on AND a personal item, however the carry-on should not exceed the weight limit. Easyjet sells cheap tickets but makes some extra money with charges for excess baggage. But you can ask at the check-in counter whether you should better check your backpacks.

Book your flights ASAP. Fares will go up - they sell the cheapest ticket first and then the fares will increase. Look carefully on the website, often a flight at a different time of the same day or a flight on another day may be significantly less expensive.
Old Jan 22nd, 2009, 07:52 PM

That fare seems very high for EasyJet.

We flew from Naples to Paris in 2007 and the fare was something like $6.00, plus another $20.00 in taxes & fees.

I just booked a flight from Milan to Barcelona for this coming June and the fare was 28 euro.

Are you sure you're not being quoted for a round trip?
Old Jan 22nd, 2009, 08:46 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for your replies!

The fare is round trip. For the dates we're looking at, Paris to Naples is 37 euros but the return is 70 euros. There is only one flight daily from Naples to Paris. Perhaps that's reason for the higher fare?

I'll take your advice to book earlier than later.
Old Jan 22nd, 2009, 11:15 PM

I would consider waiting, but I would note that European airfares have been pretty high for the past year or so. I think we are seeing a settling in the market, and there aren't as many budget carriers out there constantly starting fare wars. The Easyjets and Ryanairs will still offer the occasional special, but they are getting big enough that they aren't necessarily going to be too eager to slash prices just to gain market share.

As for the carry-ons, you can try it, but I would think you would have trouble slipping two bags past. I would probably just count on checking.
Old Jan 23rd, 2009, 03:34 AM

<<< You can take one carry-on AND a personal item, however the carry-on should not exceed the weight limit. >>>

Easyjet doesn't have a weight limit on hand luggage - and it's ONE piece, not one piece and a personal item

http://www.easyjet.com/EN/Planning/baggage.html