Help! I canít hear.

Jun 13th, 2018, 06:28 PM
Original Poster

Help! I canít hear.

I was diagnosed today with a sinus infection and had to fly. By the time we landed I could barely hear out of my right ear and my left is worse. I took Muconex hours ago, Zithromax and used a nasal decongestant and Vickís menthol under my nose. Iíve chewed and had Halls, NOTHING is working and I absolutely must hear by tomorrow. Anything else I can do!?
Jun 13th, 2018, 10:21 PM

Check with a
doctor.
Jun 14th, 2018, 05:23 AM
Forum Moderator

I had the same problem, and it cleared on its own by the next day. If yours does not, certainly you could see a doctor, but I'm not sure that s/he could do much.
Jun 14th, 2018, 12:02 PM

When that happened to me last fall it took over a week to clear up.
Jun 17th, 2018, 01:49 PM

Where are you? If in France, head to the nearest pharmacy and talk to the pharmacist. I was led to a pressurized air spray that did the trick. Like you,I had a sinus infection, but air travel is always hard on my ears. Chew gum when the plane climbs and descends! Old but sure remedy, and buy a set of EarPlanes for the return flight.

However, you might have a collapsed eustachian tube. A doctor will need to advise you on how to re-inflate the tube, which can take time.
Jun 17th, 2018, 06:13 PM

The OP registered, posted and hasn't returned -- probably isn't looking for any advice now. (would have been more effective to look on a site like WebMD instead of posting on a travel board and then not returning)

Search this Thread