Heathrow change 1.5 hours, ENOUGH TIME?

Feb 28th, 2004, 03:04 PM
Original Poster

Heathrow change 1.5 hours, ENOUGH TIME?

I will be landing in Heathrow on a Saturday Morning at 8:55 AM on American Airlines and I need to catch a British Airways flight to Rome at 10:30 AM.
Will this be enough time?
These flights were ticketed by American Airlines, and are on the same ticket.
I hope to be able to carry on only, but sometimes my wife's roll a board weighs too much and needs to be checked, will it be transfered to the BA flight by baggage handlers, or do I need to collect it from a carosel, and re check it?
Thanks to all for the help
Feb 29th, 2004, 03:01 PM

See the thread just below on how to do it. If your bags are checked all the way thru, you should be able to make it ok.
Mar 3rd, 2004, 10:43 AM

Just hustle and keep moving to your new gate. Heathrow can be slow
Mar 3rd, 2004, 12:15 PM
sandi

AA and BA are partners, so there should not be any problem with having your wife's bag "thru checked" to your final destination of Rome.

Check beforehand which terminal American arrives at and which terminal BA departs to Rome at - it should be an easy transfer, but hustle as fast as, just in case the AA flight might arrive late. The checked bags will be transfered by baggage handlers for you.

Enjoy your holday.

Mar 3rd, 2004, 01:03 PM

You should be able to check your bags through to Rome when checking in with AA. This doesn't have as much to do with AA and BA being partners as with interline agreements. Two airlines with no partner affiliation (i.e. VS and BA) can also transfer luggage.

I posted in another thread (see Heathrow T4 to T1) about transiting between T3 and T1. I did it in the afternoon when security lines are fairly light. From what I understand, mornings tend to be busier. However, since your flights are on one ticket, they should be able to accomodate you on a later flight if for any reason you miss your original connection.