Reload this Page >

? for AmerAirFreqFlyer or whomever re:connections

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 08:55 AM
Cassandra

Do the records for outgoing flights include notations that a given passenger is coming from another flight? E.g., if you are coming from Boston to Chicago to connect for SF, does the ORD-SFO manifest show gate personnel that you are coming from BOS -- and whether your flight is on time, has landed, etc.?<BR><BR>I have been told adamantly, esp. by AA in DFW, that they can't hold planes for passengers, but I have always wondered if they do for -- for example -- a large number of connecting passengers from the same flight or for platinum level people, if the difference is only a few minutes.

Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 09:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From my experience, they will hold a flight only if it's the last flight for that day to the destination and they know that it will only be a few minutes for connecting passengers to get to the plane. They know who is a connecting passenger and who is originating from their airport.
Old Apr 24th, 2003, 05:41 AM

The airlines always have an accurate tally of who is going where.I often hear a predeparture announcement that &quot;we will be departing momentarily just waiting on connecting baggage&quot;.Just because they say they &quot;can't&quot; hold a plane doesnt mean they &quot;won't&quot;.Once in a while a FA will say something like just waiting for connecting passengers or &quot;a few stragglers&quot;.I would imagine no airline would hold a flight just for an individual traveller.If a large number of passengers like a team/group, then I am sure they would make adjustments.
Old Apr 24th, 2003, 10:33 AM

American does indeed hold flights if they have a large number of connecting passengers coming in on a plane that has been delayed, especially if the flight being held is the last of the day. Much easier to hold the flight than having to deal with and rebook a bunch of upset passengers. I know this from personal experience as I have been one of the people the flight was held for on more than one occasion. Most recently, at DFW, our incoming flight from Miami was an hour late. As soon as we got off the plane, a gate agent put us ( and about 20 other people) on carts to take us to the connecting gate where they were waiting for us.
Old May 5th, 2003, 07:07 AM

I've had flights held for me, and I've also been left behind. I agree that it seems to have to do with how many passengers are connecting on that particular flight. It seems that it's been held when there were several of us, but not held for only a few.

My worst experience was a recently missed flight due to our baggage taking over an hour to arrive in baggage claim. It ultimately took us an additional 7 hours to reach our final destination, via more connections. Arrrrgh. There were only three of us for the paticular missed connecting flight, as well, so we assume that's the reason it wasn't held for us.