Reload this Page >

Flights Us - Nariboi via Amsterdam

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1st, 2007, 07:14 AM
chacheetah

I have heard many travelers to E.Africa - Nairobi fly USA - Amsterdam to Nairobi; I am looking into this and just wanted some views from anyone who has done it. Now that NW is facing so many troubles does any other airline fly this route, or can anyone recommend another route- (other than London, as I carry on my one SMALL bag plus a camera bag so they'd never let me on!)- either IAD or JFK or CLT, ATL to Europe - overnight- then on to Nairobi. Thanks!

Old Aug 1st, 2007, 07:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Delta and KLM fly through Amsterdam.

There are also a number of different gateway cities other than Amsterdam or London. Kenya Airways flies from Paris to Nairobi on certain days of the week (Air France codeshares this flight). Swiss Air flies from Zurich. Lufthansa probably flies from Frankfurt. There may be others. Just do a search on one of the many online airline search engines. Some of them allow you to specify your connecting city, if you have a specific place in Europe you want to overnight. (Although overnighting is not necessary and, if it is in the winter, will add a level of complexity from the need to pack warm clothes, etc.)

Outside of Europe, you can take Delta to Dubai or Johannesburg, connecting into Nairobi. There are also probably a number of other combinations.
Old Aug 1st, 2007, 07:52 AM

Besides AMS and LHR, Kenya Airways also fly to CDG.

For European airlines, Swiss flies from ZRH.

Flying a Gulf State airline will add some time and distance, but it's another possibility.
Old Aug 1st, 2007, 09:01 AM

In addition to the carriers already mentioned, SN Brussels flies from Brussels but not daily. SWISS from Zurich and Kenya Airways ex-CDG are also non-daily I believe. Emirates flies via Dubai, Ethiopian flies via Addis Ababa with a fuel stop in Rome (I think), and SAA flies via Johannesburg. Some of these latter options may add considerable travel time. I don't believe Lufthansa serves NBO.
Old Aug 1st, 2007, 09:40 AM

Emirates are 3 times daily JFK to Dubai ( 2 are non stops ) and then up to twice daily Dubai to Nairobi, you can also try Etihad and/or Qatar Aurways via the Gulf too. They are easy transfer points avoiding Europe.
Old Aug 1st, 2007, 12:59 PM
chacheetah

Thanks everyone! I am still confused but at least I have a start! CC