I have a Flight Network ticket to fly from Ottawa, Canada to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The flight is composed of Air Canada from Ottawa to Heathrow, then Turkish Air the rest of the way, and vice-versa on the return journey.
I am wondering how, or even if it's possible, to check in online for both airlines? Flight Network gave me a booking reference code, and I can use that on their site to select my seats for the Air Canada portion. However, they don't give me the option to select seats for the Turkish portion of the flights.
I can't tell yet if the same reference will work on the individual airlines' websites either because the flight is still a week off, and I'd rather not find out in the last 24 hours that I can't check in online for the Turkish flights.
Both Turkish and Air Canada are Star Alliance, which I thought should mean I can check in for the whole flight, at least one-way at a time, i.e. all the way from Ottawa to Addis.
Any advice on what the procedure is to check in from Ottawa right through to Addis so I can a) pick my seats all the way through, and b) have my baggage checked right through?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 FLY DOMESTICALLY WITH NYS DRIVER'S LICENSE ONLY??
- 2 Very bad experience in AMS
- 3 Layover time in Los Angeles
- 4 LH bid for Premium Economy
- 5 IBERIA BAGGAGE ALLOWANCE
- 6 Virgin Atlantic's "Virgin Redhead"!
- 7 JFK international terminal to domestic terminal - how much time?
- 8 $1500 to Europe economy in May- buy now or wait?
- 9 Changing Airlines at EWR
- 10 A horror story about Justfly
- 11 WOW bargain not so "wow"
- 12 AerLingus exit row
- 13 Global Entry application status question
- 14 CDG
- 15 Which option
- 16 First travel
- 17 Changing AA flight date
- 18 Advice - Want to sue Lufthansa
- 19 Scott's Cheap Flights
- 20 Connecting flight in heathrow--2 hours
- 21 United Mileage plus upgrade waitlist?
- 22 Narita or Haneda from LAX?
- 23 Round trip ticket - but skipping return flight
- 24 Flying to Montego Bay, need help with connecting flights?
- 25 Traveling with two passports, with different names.