Emirates Business class

Search

Emirates Business class

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26th, 2006, 07:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Emirates Business class

I will be flying business class with Emrirates in September, Brisbane to Milan. Anyone have any comments?
Old Feb 28th, 2006, 05:25 PM
Original Poster

ttt
Old Mar 1st, 2006, 02:54 AM

www.seatguru.com recently added Emirates to their list. I wasn't too impressed.

For them to fit ten seats across in coach with a width of 17.1 on a 777, the isle must not be very wide.
Old Jul 13th, 2006, 04:07 PM
Original Poster

Getting closer to our Emirates flight, any other opinions regarding their Business class ?
Old Jul 13th, 2006, 10:46 PM

I've flown Business Class a few times with Emirates and they are very good but not as good as Singapore or Cathay.

Its not because of food, entertainment, or the seat its just that with those other airlines, the stewardesses will ask you if you would like another wine or beer, whereas with Emirates they give you one and rarely come around again with the wine etc. Its just little things like that, that i've noticed. i.e they're not as intuitive as other airlines in spotting the needs of a passenger without having to ask them for it.

We've used the free layover in Dubai a few times and have really enjoyed it, even at this time of year when the temperatures ae in the 40's

I've flown Brisbane - Singapore - Dubai-Munich in Emirates Business and it is along way but spare a thought for those in economy, on the other hand, nah don't bother

Geordie
Old Jul 14th, 2006, 03:12 AM
Original Poster

Geordie, I always worry about those folks in cattle class! Mainly insuring their seperation from us fine folk up the front..one would hate to be disturbed by the growling of the plebs.
Old Jul 14th, 2006, 05:26 AM

Aw, just toss 'em a peeled grape once in a while. It keeps the groaning down a little bit.
Old Jul 14th, 2006, 04:21 PM
Original Poster

The peeled grapes ???!!!!?? Are you kidding? The peeled grapes are for the folk in the pointy end ! The sour grapes are for cattle class !
Old Feb 10th, 2007, 10:47 PM

I've started writing reviews about the different flights for my site http://www.bomasticlife.com and in my opinion, Emirates First and Business class has really gone down hill. They used to have great service but in the past year or so, they have gotten very cheap. It seems they are more concerned about just filling the seats and not concerned about making you comfortable or your flight enjoyable. Just my opinion - what do you think?
Old Feb 10th, 2007, 11:17 PM

Did you misspell the name of your link to your site?
Old Feb 11th, 2007, 06:59 AM

Do you really want to have the word "bomb" embedded in your screen name and all the adjectives about plane travel?
Old Sep 17th, 2009, 08:20 AM

For all the talk of new A380s, Emirates should focus on offering a consistent high quality service on all their business class if they really aspire to be a globally competitive airline. I'm sitting in Dubai Emirates Business Class Lounge having just flown in this morning from London on EK006 en route to Dhaka Bangladesh. When we boarded at Heathrow last night I was surprised and very disappointed to see the oldest style business class seats rather than the new full-flat pods with large LCds I saw on my previous Emirates business flight. In fact previous time I flew in June I had the nice new seats both directions DXB-LHR. I actually find bordering on fraudulent/misrepresentation that Emirates continue to persist with this business class seat "lottery". This year I have flown on Eithad business twice to London and also Virgin and BA and seats are always the same and consistent quality. Why does Emirates management believe it is fair and equitable for them to offer a substandard business class product for the same fare as their competitors. I tried to complain to the lady in reservations in the Emirates Lounge and she said I should fill out a form (I'm pretty sure they won't respond). I asked her to check whether my return DXB-LHR on Sep 15 was new or old seats. She could not tell me that either but suggested I check when I get to lounge on Sep 15(not sure what I can do at that stage). I fly London-Dhaka every month business and had tried Eithad twice and was please with previous Emirates experience. But after today's business class seat rip-off there is no reason for me to waste money on Emirates again. I have read of many other passengers who have the same frustration on Emirates with randon seats/planes and poor customer service response. Senior management should stop wasting time on A380 glory purchases and focus on providing high quality consistent service to customers. I had the same poor service on Sep 17 EK007 on my way back to London. Useless and condescending comments from their customer service highlighting their terms and conditions clause. What a total waste of time. I for one will be extremely reluctant to travel emirates again unless I have to...
Old Sep 17th, 2009, 12:17 PM

I have no direct experience but a colleague of mine has just flown the new Emirates A380 business class Sydney-Dubai and his comment was: simply fantastic !!!