Search

Dubai Airport - Connecting flights with Emirates

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2nd, 2013, 01:09 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dubai Airport - Connecting flights with Emirates

Hi,

I land in Dubai and I have a 2.5 hour connection for my onward flight. Both flights are with Emirates.

Will my checked in baggage go all the way to my final destination once checked in for my flight leaving the UK or do I have to pick my bag up in Dubai and check it in again?

I didn't see my bag until my final destination when I transited through Doha with Qatar Airways on a few occasions so I'm assuming much the same thing will happen on Emirates but thought I would ask just Incase.

Also, will I be able to print off both my boarding passes prior to heading to the airport or only the boarding pass for my first flight?

Is the transit procedure through Dubai Terminal 3 painless or can I expect to stand in long queues?

Thanks for your help.
Old Oct 2nd, 2013, 09:38 AM

Yes, your luggage should go on to your final destination. Always look at the luggage tags to make sure it is tagged for your final destination. You should be able to print both boarding passes in advance.
Old Oct 2nd, 2013, 03:54 PM

Received 83 Likes on 5 Posts
The transit procedure is pretty painless, but in my experience the terminal is usually uncomfortably busy, 24/7.
Old Oct 3rd, 2013, 04:24 AM

You should have enough time, in the transit area, to pick up a duty-free bottle. Despite the Emirates' restrictive attitude to alcohol, the airport offers a huge selection of booze to carry to your destination.