Do you get bumped for snow delays

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21st, 2006, 04:42 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have tickets from NYC to Denver on American Airlines for Friday morning. Denver Airport is now closed, but should reopen tonight. Does anyone know whether our tickets will be honored, or is the airline supposed to bump us to give priority to those who were unable to fly out yesterday and today?
Old Dec 21st, 2006, 05:21 AM
mjz

Perhaps call AA and ask them direct. The airlines can do what they need to do in these situations. If your original flight is going out as scheduled, you should be okay.

Good luck. Denver is a mess right now. My other half has been trying to get out since 8:30 am yesterday - when his flight was cancelled. At this point, the airlines can't accomodate him until Saturday night.
Old Dec 21st, 2006, 05:33 AM

Today and tomorrow and maybe beyond will be scheduling nightmares for the airlines, all of them.I have a friend trying to get out, his flight supposed to leave Denver @ 2pm today.You cant thru to the res centers(All circuits are busy).Our only hope right now is that the airline's website remains up and running and it is updated accordingly(Frontier)...Right now they are predicting to be flying out of DEN after 7pm tonight.I have never heard of an airline bumping people off one flight to accomodate a weather delayed flight.What is more likely to happen is that your flight will be delayed or cancelled altogether.Your best bet is to watch the website, check your flight's status and proceed as if everything will be normal.If it were me, I would add an hour at least to the time I would normally arrive at my departure airport.Again, thats just me.Best of Lukc, and Happy Holidays!
Old Dec 21st, 2006, 06:27 AM
J62

My understanding is that ticketed passengers have priority, but there may be some pecking order I don't know about.

If I were you I would go online to aa.com right now and check-in and print out boarding pass. Since they are actually issuing you a boarding document that will make your seat unavail to anyone else.

If you have bags to check, you can still checkin online now, and go to the kiosk in NY tomorrow when you arrive to get luggage tags printed.
Old Dec 21st, 2006, 09:32 AM

I just heard that Denver International Airport will not be open until noon tomorrow.
Old Dec 21st, 2006, 09:46 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info.

Talking to American Airlines was useless. I am actually scheduled to change in Dallas tomorrow. I guess that may be the worst of all worlds, because instead of waiting at my home in NY until Denver is ready to receive airplanes, I may be stuck in the airport in Dallas.

Holiday wishes to all!
Old Dec 21st, 2006, 09:52 AM

I would reserve a room at a DFW hotel right now, if I were you.
Old Dec 21st, 2006, 04:05 PM

I was supposed to fly to PHL from PDX via ORD today on AA, but Ohare was all fogged in, so they canceled both my flights into and out of ORD. Flying 1st class helped me get rebooked next morning on the same connection; they won't overbook 1st class so the agent called to get some sort of override to get me into 1st class (in coach, I would simply have been on a wait list). Oh, well, I'm HOPING it will work this time! At least I'm home and will just get back east a day later. And I'm not in Denver, anyway!

Interestingly, AA originaly had delayed both flights by 2-3 hours before canceling them. I was told by the AA agent who helped me that they canceled the flights so they can reset their schedues tomorrow and hopefully catch up - otherwise, today's delays would translate into more delays into the very busy holiday travel weekend.